Social Media Editor, Opinion
New York, NY
Posted Sep 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 108948
Bloomberg Opinion is seeking an experienced Social Media Editor based in New York City to manage all platforms, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
We're looking for a strong writer with a familiarity with video, audio and data visualizations. You’ll bring dazzling headline skills, an eye for great visuals, a competitive spirit, strong news judgment and an irrepressible excitement for finding new ways to develop our audience and experiment with everything this amazing digital universe has to offer.
You relish the opportunity to lead the most important debates of the day by working with our columnists and editors around the world. The goal is simple: Combine your mastery of new media and their expertise to break through to our core Bloomberg audience, and, crucially, new audiences on emerging platforms like TikTok, Instagram Reels and Twitter Spaces.
- Write and edit social copy for columns and editorials on site with the goals of expanding influence, increasing engagement and growing our global audience.
- Take a platform-specific approach to prioritizing content in order to curate various feeds.
- Identify opportunities to push our work, old and new alike, into the conversation by tracking and analyzing social media, search trends and Bloomberg Terminal data.
- Work directly with editors and writers to package major columns and features, from headline writing to promotional plans, and to communicate social media best practices.
- Bring a column to life by using video and photo editing tools to create specialized content (TikToks, Instagram posts, Twitter threads) for various platforms
- Coordinate live audio events on Twitter Spaces.
- Thoroughly understand the ins and outs of day-to-day opinion operations, and of the wider Bloomberg Digital organization.
- 3+ years of experience as a social media editor or digital editor at a news organization.
- Demonstrated track record of driving social and audience development through social networks, working closely with writers and editors in a fast-paced, collaborative atmosphere.
- Strong editorial judgment across major news topics, and a deep interest in business, finance and economics.
- Countless hours of enjoying, engaging with and making content for major social platforms, from Twitter to Instagram to TikTok.
- Experience with video and photo editing tools (Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Canva).
- Experience with data-driven journalism (keen eye for data visualization, trends, etc).
- Highly proficient in analytics tools (Google Analytics, Parse.ly, Crowdtangle)
- General understanding of Content Management Systems and social media curation tools like SocialFlow.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com