Social Media Manager, Bloomberg Connects App
New York, NY
Posted Jun 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 91294
Bloomberg Connects is a rapidly-growing, free app that lets you access museums, galleries, and cultural spaces around the world anytime, anywhere. Launched in November 2019, the app features engaging, multi-media guides with insightful and unique content exclusive to each of our partners, including The Guggenheim, MoMA PS1, Serpentine Galleries, and many more. The venture is a collaboration between Bloomberg LP and Bloomberg Philanthropies and aims to broaden access to arts and culture worldwide.
We are looking for a social media expert to launch and establish a social presence for Bloomberg Connects. You will develop and execute content marketing plans to build a community of arts and cultural enthusiasts and support app growth and engagement utilizing a variety of social media platforms. We will look to you to translate the Bloomberg Connects voice and tone across social media channels, track audience trends and social conversations, arts and culture content accessible and engaging across social media. Content is owned by each respective cultural partner on the app, so you will work hand in hand with their marketing teams to surface and highlight the breadth, depth and diversity of arts and cultural content on the app, and ensure approval/rights clearance. The ideal candidate is a highly creative thinker and storyteller, with strong visual, writing and analytical skills.
We will trust you to:
- Strategically launch and manage Bloomberg Connects social accounts, establish and build brand visibility, and grow traffic, followers, and engagement
- Frame and package content within Bloomberg Connects in a creative, engaging way and ensure a consistent and cohesive brand tone and voice across all platforms
- Serve as an audience ambassador, monitoring audience conversations and responding to comments, as well as providing audience insights and feedback to our cultural partners, leadership and product/UX teams
- Develop paid support/advertising plans, working with external and internal creative teams on copy, design, and strategy for all creative executions
- Review performance data and partner with performance marketing lead to optimize the social strategy and grow audiences
- Work in concert with marketing, communications and social leaders across all cultural partners, Bloomberg Philanthropies, and Bloomberg LP to create compelling, culturally resonant content for social platforms as well as on themes, scheduling and clearances/approvals
- 6+ years relevant consumer product and/or arts social media experience
- Knowledge of trends, emerging platforms, and new technologies in social and digital marketing
- Familiarity with Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Experience building organic social presence through use of owned, earned and paid channels
- Strong relationship development skills and hyper-organized with an ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Conceiving and implementing metric-driven programs to drive scale and efficiency
- Familiarity with social analytics, Google Analytics, and creating UTM codes for reporting
- Knowledge of principles and practices related to driving brand awareness and audience growth and engagement
- Prior community management experience
- Understanding of and passion for arts and culture, with a strong creative sensibility
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.