Social Media Reporter/Editor - Bloomberg Wealth
New York, NY
Posted May 11, 2021 - Requisition No. 90705
As social media increasingly influences the way people make, spend and save their money, we are looking for a candidate who can chronicle the phenomenon. As part of Bloomberg's expanding Wealth vertical, you'll straddle two roles: generating more traffic through social platforms and search engine optimization, and writing about trending topics and personalities shaping financial and investing decisions in today's world.
We are looking for someone who can enhance readership and subscriptions by leveraging the social accounts for Wealth, create engaging content such as Twitter Moments or Instagram posts based on stories we produce, and ensure that our stories reach the widest audience possible. You should also be able to spot broader trends that could resonate with new readers.
The ideal candidate will also report on emerging personal finance trends and personalities in the social media realm. You should be a strong writer and reporter who’s comfortable producing quick, smart and witty pieces, in addition to richly detailed longer-form and investigative features. We're looking for a self-starter with a passion for demystifying markets and making them relevant to readers’ lives.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of three years reporting experience
- Deep understanding of mobile and social platforms
- Ideas for new and exciting ways to capture the reader's imagination
- A willingness to work well within a team and with others across the newsroom
- A strong knowledge of the tools, trends, platforms and processes behind the most modern strategies for telling stories - both text and video
- A sense of humor is welcome
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.