Social Media and Audience Development Editor, Bloomberg Businessweek
New York, NY
Posted Nov 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 97884
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other and through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg is looking for a social and audience development editor to join its team based in New York City. In this role you'll manage Businessweek content across a range of platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok, and help the magazine branch into new digital spaces. You will also help Bloomberg’s broader social team with news across platforms.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Drive performance/reach of Businessweek content through social media promotion
- Collaborate closely with writers, editors, photographers, and designers to build assets and social templates that resonate with social audiences
- Grow new audiences, track performance on Businessweek content on traditional and non-traditional social platforms, and pitch stories and content ideas to editors based on your findings
- Assist and train Businessweek editors on different digital tools and social platforms, encouraging them to post from their own handles
- Support the larger Bloomberg social team on social promotion of news content spanning beyond Businessweek
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- 3+ years of experience as an editor or social media editor, preferably in a digital editorial environment or digital magazine environment
- The ability to make and execute social content decisions on your own, but also the ability to collaborate with other social editors on larger projects
- Strong editorial judgment
- Knowledge of analytics tools such as Parse.ly, Crowdtangle, and Socialflow
- Demonstrated track record of driving social and audience development through social networks
- An interest in business, finance and markets, and longform journalism
- Background in magazine or news is a plus but not a must
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status