Software Developer Engineer in Test - Post Trade
New York, NY
Posted Oct 27, 2021 - Requisition No. 86435
Do you want a front-row seat to the financial markets, gain insights and perspectives on how they work, and test software that helps shape their future success? Join us! Bloomberg is seeking a Software Test Engineer to join our Quality team and test our Post Trade Offerings. The team performs functional software testing on Bloomberg’s Post Trade Regulatory Offerings for our Sell side and Buy side clients across equities and fixed income securities.
Partnering with our Application Engineering and Business teams globally will give you exposure to our markets, client trends and the latest technology innovations we are building to find creative ways to test and improve our trading platforms.
The position specifically is part of the testing team for RHUB, which is a multi-asset cross platform built to support a wide variety of trading workflows to meet the regulatory obligations of our buy side, sell side and trading venue clients in the most convenient and seamless fashion across many jurisdictions. This highly scalable, efficient and robust platform is built to be able to process over 50 million transactions a day with guaranteed SLAs and serves as the backbone which connects various buy side and sell side OMSs/EMSs to multiple external government and regulatory venues around the world. The platform transforms, enriches, validates, routes and transmits transactional data as per required regulations using a wide range of Bloomberg and industry standard technologies.
We’ll trust you to:
- Have a solid understanding of coding and programming languages and how to apply them to effectively test.
- Add features to our existing test framework and build new test frameworks.
- Develop solutions for our automation gaps.
- Analyze work-flows and test scenarios to rectify scope of testing and inefficiencies.
- Run and troubleshoot automated tests.
- Project manage technical testing implementations with the QA and engineering teams.
- Build service level tests based on current UI automated tests.
- Contribute to and support our shared strategic technology agenda.
- Work with an entrepreneurial spirit to solve complex problems
You’ll need to have:
- At least 3 years or more of Test Automation Experience
- Interpretation and understanding of file formats such as .xml, .csv and JSON and the conversion from one to another
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with JIRA and Agile SDLC
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science,Finance, Economics or related technology field
- Strong interpersonal skills; somebody everyone would enjoy working alongside; somebody who inspires others to want to do a better job
We’d love to see:
- Experience with Bloomberg
- Understanding of Fixed Income and Equity markets
- Understanding of financial regulations (like MIFID II)
- Knowledge of BDD and TDD Frameworks
- Expertise in data quality analysis and testing
- Experience creating automation frameworks
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.