Software Developer Engineer in Test: Trading Solutions Real-Time Feeds (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Jun 4, 2020 - Requisition No. 83296
Enterprise Trading Platform (ETP) develops next generation trading applications and systems to support the growing needs of Bloomberg’s enterprise trading clients. ETP is on a mission to provide a scalable cross-asset Enterprise Trading Platform, delivering greater transparency of trading events and enhanced analytical capability to position, P&L and trade life cycle.
As the Real-time Feeds team, we work closely with AIM and TOMS on the Billions of $ that move between Bloomberg and its ~2000 clients for Trades and Positions. We implement robust Feeds infrastructure with focus on throughput and reliability, as these are critical attributes for our clients. We service the majority of the world’s top investment institutions and demand a highly distributable and performant environment.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of robust automation to help us achieve our business objectives and goals of making the Real Time Feeds infrastructure more efficient. You will be writing test frameworks for a broad range of Real Time Feeds to test the infrastructure stability, data quality and implement tools to measure system throughput and latency. As part of these testing frameworks, you will be writing code to use various connectivity technologies like FIX and MQ to read Feeds data for utilization in tests. You will also be responsible for providing inputs to improve testing strategies and expand test coverage with the goal of helping the team be agile in making development changes and deployments.
You'll need to have:
- 2+ years of Financial applications automation experience
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies and writing test plans
- Development experience on Linux or UNIX Operating systems
- Hands on development experience with C++ or Java
- Hands on experience with Python, Bash scripting
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A self-starter approach with a strong sense of ownership
We'd love to see:
- Prior experience of automation in Order or Execution Management Systems
- Familiarity with XML, JSON data formats and programming tools to process data in those formats
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban, using JIRA
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status