Software Engineer - Fixed Income & Foreign Exchange Execution Management Systems
New York, NY
Posted May 12, 2020 - Requisition No. 82929
Bloomberg’s Fixed Income & Foreign Exchange EMS team connects traders to the markets and gives them powerful tools to streamline their workflow and enhance their performance. We provide a multi-asset trading platform to manage order lifecycle, monitor real-time analytics, and connect with dealers and trading venues globally.
Our products cover trading functionality across a wide range of asset classes, including sovereign and corporate bonds, FX, munis, mortgages, derivatives, repos, commodities and more. These are some of the most complex and opaque parts of the financial market. This trading activity impacts many, including anyone who has a retirement account/plan. The mission of our team is to bring electronic trading to these markets making it safer, accessible and more transparent.
With trillions of dollars traded on our systems daily, our business continues to evolve towards trends such as trade automation, predictive analytics and higher order volumes putting a high emphasis on reliability and capacity.
What’s in it for you:
- Become a full-stack guru as you build mission critical trading applications and come up with creative solutions to tough engineering problems.
- You’ll get to learn and have a chance to work with multiple industry-leading technologies, including, but not limited to, messaging systems distributed caching and synchronization technologies with a goal of being able to process millions of transactions, daily.
- You will contribute to and eventually drive our market transparency mission forward.
- While engaged in this important mission, we also like to give back to our community and have fun as well. Bloomberg has a significant philanthropic presence, and we regularly represent our organization at multiple local causes.
You’ll need to have:
- An education in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with 2+ years of professional experience.
- A robust knowledge of data structures and algorithms along with experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- A strong sense of ownership and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders to drive projects and initiatives.
We’d love to see:
- BA/BS and 5+ years of CS/Engineering experience or MS/PhD and 2+ years experience.
- Experience with scalable and high availability distributed systems.
- Experience developing workflow driven applications.
- Experience with concurrent programming.
- Prior experience working in financial markets.
- Familiarity with a scripting language such as bash, and developer tools such as Git, Googletest, Jenkins, and Splunk.
If you're excited by these challenges, have a passion for technology and a flexible, “outside the box” approach to problem solving, we want to talk to you! Submit an application.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.