Software Engineer - Ticker Plant (Consultant)
New York, NY
Posted Mar 31, 2021 - Requisition No. 89904
The Application Integrity Ticker Plant Team is responsible for the integrity of the software that delivers the world's most reliable, timely and accurate financial data. More than 4,500 developers rely on us to provide the core foundation and data required for their applications. Our work environment is fast-paced, spirited, friendly and collaborative. On our team, you will learn about state-of-the-art large-scale development infrastructure, work with field experts, and get insight into the heart of Bloomberg's financial engine.
We’re currently in the process of upgrading a large number of software assets. The project will involve communication with multiple engineering teams, the migration of code to modern infrastructure, creation of project summary documentation, and the development of scripts to support all the above.
What's in it for you:
As a software engineering consultant enabling this migration:
- You will be involved in coordinating, planning, rolling out and testing updates to the production system.
- You will also have the opportunity to learn the challenges in design and maintenance of large scale enterprise systems.
- You’ll develop expertise in CMake, git, C++ build troubleshooting, and Python.
- You'll have the opportunity to extend our existing infrastructure. This will include modifying or developing code using CMake, Python, and frameworks of the Jenkins ecosystems.
We'll trust you to:
- Complete projects that required significant communication skills and the ability to work with a team
- Collaboratively document tasks consistent with industry standards, project specific design principles and frameworks
- Work with engineering and product teams across Bloomberg and understand their application requirements and data access patterns
- Be willing to tackle new challenges, learn new technologies quickly
You’ll need to have:
- Ability to communicate/interact with internal engineers to learn systems is essential.
- Ability to write technical documentation on systems and processes is essential.
- Basic familiarity with C++, its compilation process, and solving linker errors on UNIX/Linux platforms.
- Aptitude for writing scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
We'd love to see:
- Full-Time work experience with C or C++
- Familiarity with CMake
- System admin experience
- Experience with Git and Jenkins pipelines
- Experience with Python scripting
We are extremely proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of power users around the world. If this sounds like you, please apply below!
To find out more about Engineering at Bloomberg, check out www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status