Software Engineer/SRE - Access Solutions Engineering Team
New York, NY
Posted Apr 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 81484
New York, NY
ENG Access Solutions provides services that allow Bloomberg clients to use our product from anywhere and our employees to be effective from any location. We are responsible for building and monitoring the infrastructure for these solutions. We currently have an extensive platform of both on premises and public cloud environments. Our on-prem and cloud infrastructure around the world provides infrastructure compute for thousands of VMs for the users of our products. Our team’s mission is to use automation to grow and monitor this environment.
Our Bloomberg Anywhere platform is used roughly 900,000 times a month for client and employee remote access to the Bloomberg Terminal. This environment adds tremendous value to the Bloomberg product offering and enables our clients to work remotely globally from multiple locations around the world. Given its critical role in the workflow of our clients and Bloomberg, our team creates software and processes to make this environment scalable and deliver 99.99% uptime.
In addition to our customer-facing solutions, we support a mobile solution for Bloomberg employees called bbVPN that empowers our users to work from anywhere more effectively. For example, developers can be more innovative by developing locally while maintaining access to Bloomberg's systems. For employees that need to work remotely from their own hardware, we provide remote desktop solutions. These products are all an integral part of the disaster recovery plan for our company and our clients. Our platform also provides a sandboxed secure browsing environment where users can access sensitive information or even untrusted or potentially malicious content.
We’ll trust you to:
- Help establish and apply SRE best practices to our solutions
- Engineer solutions to monitor the health, availability, and capacity of our environment
- Use automation to bring scalability and efficiency to our systems
- Maintain monitoring of our systems and provide solutions that can react to those alarms to minimize client impact and manual intervention
- Assist in architecting large-scale secure solutions for our teams products
- Define service level objectives and appropriate metrics to measure our performance against those objectives
What’s in it for you:
- Join a team of engineers bringing automation to our public cloud and on-prem environment
- Work on mission-critical infrastructure serving tens of thousands of users daily
- Make an impact on a team that adheres to SRE concepts while being innovative
You'll need to have:
- 2+ years of experience in a relevant role
- Experience with using configuration and orchestration software
- Understanding of Linux or Windows systems including networking
- Experience with cloud services like AWS and related tools such as Terraform
- Familiarity with any programming language for development and testing
- Willingness to constantly learn and develop your skills and bring that knowledge back to the team
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
We'll love to see:
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience with public cloud services and related tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration and deployment tools
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about, apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.