Software Engineering Team Leader- Platform Security
New York, NY
Posted Nov 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 111581
Bloomberg is the market leader for financial data and workflows globally, servicing hundreds of thousands of financial professionals across a wide variety of roles. The Platform Security group, in conjunction with our Information Security thought leadership and Security Operations groups, aims to keep the company’s information and products secure, enables developers to secure the various technological solutions they build, provides the data and intelligence needed to ensure our systems are protected at all times, and enables workplace agility without compromising security.
The Platform Security team is responsible for building the foundational tools and technologies to enable Bloomberg to deliver its products and services securely. Some of our core focus areas include:
- Data encryption & secrecy
- Strong authentication frameworks
- Next generation resource access in a hybrid work environment
- Security detection & analytics using big data technologies
We are an open source first team, favouring open standards where possible, and building on open source technology where available. Our products are built using a variety of programming languages and technology stacks. Many members of our team are active open source contributors, looking to give back to these communities, wherever possible. Some of these software which we use and/or contribute to in the security space include Hashicorp Vault, SPIFFE/SPIRE, OpenSSL, and OSQuery. We also use and contribute to a wide range of open source big data technologies.
We are looking to grow and onboard strong technology and people leaders who are able to build diverse teams, capable of taking a long term view to building out a security platform. We expect our leaders to create inclusive, self-managing teams, which take pragmatic decisions and make technology a means to an end. We work with a wide variety of partners inside the organisation, and open collaboration is in the DNA of the company. We expect our leaders to be proactive, build effective relationships based on trust, and think holistically about the company and its clients at large.
You will need to have:
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience leading software developers and/or SREs.
- Ability to build reliable infrastructure solutions used easily by a wide range of applications.
- Ability to hire, retain and nurture diverse talent.
- Ability to create a team culture where individuals feel safe expressing themselves and trying new things.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and build long standing relationships.
- Ability to network across a wide variety of internal teams regardless of relation to main responsibility.
- Ability to track, and if possible contribute to, open standards and industry best practices.
- Ability to promote the team’s talent and resources across the broader organization.
- Interest and potential in representing their organization, for their expertise, in the wider industry.
We would love to see:
- Experience working in the security domain, especially those highlighted in the sections above.
- Experience working with containerised and public cloud environments.
- Experience working with large scale distributed systems.
- Open source involvement such as well-curated blogs, accepted contributions, or community presence.
- Unique approaches to technology and team building which are not generally prevalent!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 200,000 - 300,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus