Software Security Architect - CTO Office
New York, NY
Posted Apr 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 90340
The Bloomberg CTO Office is the forward-looking technical arm of Bloomberg L.P. We envision, design and prototype the next generation infrastructure, hardware and applications that interface in all aspects of the company including financial products, broadcast and media, data centers, internal IT and our global network.
We are the CTO Security Architecture group. We solve complex security problems to enable innovative new products, and prototype the next generation of infrastructure security technologies. Whether we’re designing our next generation security controls, or threat modeling our distributed systems, our goal is to define the future of how we secure Bloomberg’s infrastructure. That’s where you come in.
As a CTO security architect, you’ll be trusted to understand security requirements of our software stack and service oriented architecture, provide guidance for usable infrastructure security, ensure that logical security controls are manageable at our scale, and much more. Your leadership skills will influence the roadmap for future security technologies, while working alongside motivated engineers across the company to keep Bloomberg at the cutting edge. Our team works across many areas of security architecture, and you will have the opportunity to focus on the projects you are passionate about and bring your expertise to help reach our team’s goals.
We'll expect you to:
- Take a leadership role in defining tools, techniques and technologies used to secure and monitor Bloomberg’s distributed software stack.
- Prioritize new product development, guiding teams to appropriate security architectures.
- Build new proof-of-concepts and understand how they fit into Bloomberg's environment.
- Foster a culture of security consciousness and act as a firm-wide security leader.
- Innovate in the area of software security to scale controls at Bloomberg’s size.
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience building secure software in C / C++ on UNIX operating systems.
- Comfort with theory and practice of concurrent multithreaded software.
- Experience working with mission critical, large-scale distributed applications and products.
- A track record of building collaborative relationships with stakeholders across many functions, with a focus on correctness and scalability of critical components.
- Past experience shipping products to customers and understanding the trade-offs between performance and security.
We'd love to see:
- Experience securing financial software and services.
- Experience with distributed service-oriented architecture (gRPC, Envoy, Kafka, etc)
- Working knowledge of standard cryptographic protocols and cryptography engineering.at the application level
- Previous work on developing tools and techniques to analyze software and systems.
- A track record of performing cutting edge security research.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.