New York, NY
Posted Dec 16, 2021 - Requisition No. 99011
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg's Global Finance team works with all things (you guessed it) financial! We help business partners with all aspects of Procurement to cash collection, customer billing, revenue recording, vendor invoice processing and payments, regional treasury, and cash funding, indirect tax, capital planning and fixed assets. Global Procurement supports both the strategic sourcing and operational purchasing of goods and services for the organization. What does that mean? We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial competence and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class.
You are passionate about being part of a Global Department delivering top quality service and advice. Our resourceful and dynamic Procurement Department is looking for a Sourcing Analyst to join its US based in New York
What's the Role?
As an Individual Contributor you will support sourcing for our Marketing, Media, PR/Comms, News, and Supply Chain business units. You will build and maintain relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements across the North American region. You will need to show a strong understanding of procurement principles, excellent customer service skills, and an eye for detail.
We'll Trust You To:
- Lead and implement less-complex agreements and renewals, including interactions with the vendor, legal, business unit, and procurement operations
- Negotiate contract terms with vendors to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from collaborators and your team as appropriate
- Settle specifications and requirements for products and services
- Become your team’s Subject Matter Authority on procurement systems and data reporting and management
- Maintain and oversee the team’s sourcing project pipeline
- Be your team’s primary interface with Procurement Operations, Accounts Payable, and Supplier Life Cycle Management teams for non-contract issues
- Ensure adherence to the sourcing policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team
- Help develop or update sourcing or purchasing policies as needed
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal collaborators and key suppliers to understand their businesses and needs
- Work collaboratively and support the Sourcing Managers to negotiate and engage with key collaborators to facilitate delivery and compliance with the procurement strategy
- Support the Team Leads and Sourcing Managers in:
- Working with cross-BU collaborators to ensure "One Bloomberg" approach to common suppliers
- Developing sourcing strategies and leading a robust strategic sourcing pipeline
- Understanding the internal and external environment for the goods/services required
- Building negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms
- Engage collaborators across various business units and/or geographies
- Understand the impact of market changes and potential effects on suppliers
- Provide guidance on the sourcing and purchasing process to collaborators
- Respond to collaborator requests in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service
- Support regional sourcing opportunities as needed
- Work with your TL to create and implement a Development Plan to be ready for career advancement on an agreed timeframe
You'll need to have:
- Up to 5 years’ experience in a procurement or sourcing role
- Experience independently negotiating and implementing vendor agreements
- Customer Service skills, including issue resolution, problem solving, timely delivery, ownership of tasks, etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- Good collaborator engagement abilities
- Good project management skills
- Basic negotiation skills
- Good supplier management skills
- Familiarity with E-Sourcing and contract management tools
- Very strong ability to gather, analyze, and report on internal data sources as well as capture external data and combine with internal souadviseo inform sourcing decisions
- Education to degree level, CIPS or combination of education and work experience
- Ability to interact optimally in a cross-functional environment with multiple levels of collaborators
- Ability to learn new applications relevant to the role
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Marketing and Media agreements
- Application of negotiation, accounting, and purchasing principles
- Knowledge of Regulatory/Compliance contracting
- SAP or other ERP systems knowledge
- Bloomberg Terminal knowledge
- CPP / CIPS / CPM
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.