Sourcing Specialist - Facilities/Hospitality - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted Oct 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 120871
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the role?
You are passionate about negotiating that next deal, being part of a Global Department delivering top quality service and advice. Our resourceful and dynamic Procurement Department is looking for an experienced Sourcing Specialist to join its US Headquarters based in New York.
As a Sourcing Manager for our Facilities and Hospitality businesses, you will build and manage relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements across the whole US region. You will need to show a good knowledge of procurement principles, strong negotiating skills and an eye for detail. You will be part of the US team supporting multiple internal stakeholders, from a wide spectrum of departments with many and varied needs, in a dynamic demanding environment.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal stakeholders and key suppliers to understand their businesses and needs
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the procurement strategy
- Engage stakeholders across various business units and/or geographies to support in aligning their objectives and overcome internal obstacles
- Work with cross-BU stakeholders to ensure "One Bloomberg" approach to common suppliers
- Develop sourcing strategies and manage a robust strategic sourcing pipeline
- Determine specifications and requirements for products and services through communication with stakeholders and the department's strategic plan
- Understand the internal and external environment for the goods/services required by your stakeholders
- Communicate the impact of market changes and potential effects on suppliers to stakeholders
- Articulate the dynamics of the relationships between Bloomberg and key suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms with key vendors to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders as appropriate
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Lead change management initiatives and overcome resistance through discussions and actions
- Ensure adherence to the purchasing policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team
- Help develop or update purchasing policies as needed
- Provide guidance on the sourcing and purchasing process to stakeholders
- Respond to Stakeholder requests in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service
- Support regional sourcing opportunities, including RFPs and reverse auctions, direct negotiations, etc. as necessary
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years’ experience in a strategic sourcing and category management role with Facilities Management specifically Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) and Hospitality sourcing and vendor management experience. Experience with Security sourcing is a plus.
- Extensive experience in issue resolution, problem solving, timely delivery and ownership of tasks
- Excellent negotiation, project management and supplier management skills
- Strong familiarity E-Sourcing and contract management tools
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and reporting on internal and external data to drive sourcing insights and decisions
- Education to degree level, CIPS or combination of education and work experience
- Proven ability to perform in a cross-functional environment with multiple levels of stakeholders
We'd love to see:
- Keen understanding of the end-to-end RFx process. Experience and ability to execute reverse auctions
- Demonstrated application of negotiation and purchasing principles
- Knowledge of international trade terms
- Applied knowledge of Regulatory/Compliance contracting
- SAP, SAP Ariba, Aravo or other ERP systems knowledge
- Bloomberg Terminal knowledge
- CPP / CIPS / CPM
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 125,000 - 180,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus