Sourcing Specialist - Software
New York, NY
Posted Nov 8, 2018 - Requisition No. 71894
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg's Supply Chain business is a dynamic global organization, providing support to our terminal internal and external customers through Distribution & Asset Management, Procurement, and Print Services, operating out of 22 locations across 12 countries. We work hand-in-hand with our businesses to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency. What does that mean? We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
Our Global Procurement team runs all activities and workflows to procure hardware, software, consulting services and much more for internal lines of business to achieve the maximum value to Bloomberg while also leading supplier contract management and risk controls. Under one umbrella we work together to develop efficient solutions through new technologies and processes to keep up with Bloomberg's dynamic environment and business needs while ensuring the highest level of customer service.
What's the Role?
You are excited about negotiating that next deal, being part of a Global Department delivering top quality service and advice. Our resourceful and dynamic Engineering Procurement Department is looking for an experienced Technology Sourcing Specialist to join its US Headquarters based in New York. You will build and manage relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements across the whole US region. You will need to show good knowledge of procurement principles, strong negotiating skills and an eye for detail. You will be part of the US team supporting multiple internal stakeholders, from a wide spectrum of departments with many and varied needs, in a fast paced demanding environment. Working with the Regional Manager, you, as part of the Sourcing Team will develop and execute supply strategies for multiple categories, with a heavy focus on software. You will also be managing your own supply base ensuring stakeholders get what they want, when they want it and at the best value possible. We are a Global Procurement Department, who working with our internal clients, devise strategies based on the varied requirements of a fast pace cutting edge business with a truly global presence.
We'll Trust You To:
- Determine specifications and requirements for products and services through communication with internal stakeholders and the department's strategic plan
- Lead regional sourcing opportunities, including RFPs, direct negotiations, etc., and use market research from internal and external sources to drive sourcing decisions
- Ensure adherence to the policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team
- Negotiate and implement Contractual agreements in partnership with the internal customer and our Legal department
- Manage the vendor base to ensure that contractual compliance and financial efficiency
- Continuously review with the Sourcing Team Strategic Plans to better serve the company as a whole
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal clients and the associated vendor base
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service
You'll need to have:
- 7+ years of experience specifically in procuring software for a tech organization
- Education to degree level, CIPS or combination of education and work experience
- Proven experience in a commercial environment with demonstrated ability for complex commercial and contractual negotiations, competitive market analysis, and ongoing supplier performance management/scorecards
- Strong and proven contractual knowledge and negotiation skills (understanding of and experience in contract law and applicable legislation)
- Strong decision making ability
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management
- The ability to learn new applications relevant to the role
- Excellent Organizational skills and attention to detail
We'd love to see:
- SAP, Oracle or other ERP experience
- Experience across multiple sourcing categories
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime learn more about our department here:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.