Specialist Sales Representative – Research Management (RMS) - New York
New York, NY
Posted Jun 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 104534
Research RMS Workflow helps our customers build and manage tools that allow buyside analysts to employ an efficient research process, helping make profitable investment decisions for their firm. The main purpose is to bring together relevant research content from various Bloomberg sources into a centralized view, empowering clients to customize and share these views with their entire desk.
What's the role?
As the research management sales specialist, you will be working alongside the specialist sales team. The goal of this role is to drive the adoption of our enterprise Buy-Side research solutions and help bridge the connection between pre-trade analysis throughout the entire investment lifecycle. These engagements will truly be enterprise in nature, as gaining adoption includes commitment from the C-Suite to the end users, and at a minimum includes an entire desk!
As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for generating and converting pipeline for these products across buy-side clients in the region you cover. We also expect you to continue to help market these products internally within Bloomberg to other Sales teams, build key relationships with decision makers at our customers, and provide impactful feedback to management on the solution set!
We will trust you to:
- Apply your strong product knowledge, technical skills, and market knowledge to generate revenue for Enterprise Businesses and all of Bloomberg’s solutions
- Partner with multiple collaborators to own the enterprise sales engagements and long term requirements
- Articulate the features and benefits of Bloomberg enterprise level products in great detail, so that you can act as a partner for your customers
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of what your customers do so that you can position our products to them at multiple phases of an engagement to multiple partners
- Contribute innovative ideas that anticipate and address client needs
- Collaborate internally to implement and execute value-added solution
- Participate in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Seek out additional ways to make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 3 years’ recent experience of in a research role, or in dealing with research management technology solutions
- Proven consultative sales skills, including competitive market research, lead generation, prospecting, business development and closing sales
- Excellent sales skills to uncover issues, position solutions and run a diverse pipeline of opportunities
- Experience in building and maintaining client relationships both externally and internally
- Outstanding presentation, training and communication skills
- The availability for regular travel
We’d love to see:
- Team player attitude and collaborative style across multiple product lines and sales teams
- Proven track record running sophisticated sales engagements
Apply if you think we're a good match!
We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.