Sr Software Engineer/SRE - Structured Product Team
New York, NY
Posted Oct 21, 2021 - Requisition No. 93438
The Structured Products group supports the multi-trillion dollar Asset & Mortgage Backed Securities market by providing data and analytics for millions of bonds to hundreds of financial institutions. The team’s products are backed by a large distributed system, measured in tens of thousands of cores. We are looking for a self-starter who will take initiative in monitoring and improving our system's performance and health. We'll trust you to identify opportunities to improve stability and performance and work collaboratively across teams to make these enhancements. You will be authorized to refactor, improve, or redesign any component of the system if the benefits warrant it.
Our system is built with Python and C++ microservices which rely heavily upon statelessness and distributed caching via memcached and Redis.
Join our fast paced, growing engineering team to help us expand our efforts within the SRE Space. You will partner with other engineers to lead our transformation and come up with innovative solutions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Use a mix of Splunk, Grafana/MetricTank, and proprietary technologies for monitoring and alarming.
- Build new systems for monitoring and testing system quality and performance.
- Optimize the configurations of these tools to improve the quality and coverage of our automated metrics and alarms.
- Stay up to date with best practices in the industry and to help our organization implement them
You’ll need to have:
- 2 + years of experience as an SRE, Software, or Systems Engineer
- A BA, BS, MS PHD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology field
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (Python, C++)
- Experience with Splunk, Grafana, Graphite, and Distributed Systems
- Knowledge of Unix or Linux Systems
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.