Sr. Data Scientist - Insider Threat Team
New York, NY
Posted Jul 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 105516
What’s the role?
The Staff Risk and Investigations team within Bloomberg’s Chief Risk and Compliance Office (CRCO) is responsible for implementing an Insider Threat program across Bloomberg, including designing and building dynamic models focused on detecting anomalous user behavior and other high risk events.
Bloomberg is seeking a highly capable individual to join the Staff Risk and Investigations team (SR&I) to help enhance the Insider Threat program by working closely with security and development teams to solve complex risk and security challenges.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with the relevant partners to help solve complex problems
- Collect and curate data needed to understand potential solutions to the problems
- Proactively explore, research, describe and analyze data
- Communicate the insights and results of your analysis the team
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with lines of business, and key partners and stakeholders including Information Security, Technology, Physical Security, Incident Management, Legal, HR and others
- Continuously evaluate changes in actors, tactics, techniques and targets to enhance threat scenarios and use cases and make recommendations to ensure a data strategy that maintains pace with a changing insider threat landscape
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum of 6 years of data science/engineering experience
- Strong Python programming skills with an understanding of what it takes to write high quality code
- Familiarity and comfort with most aspects of Python 3 including object-oriented programming and the data science stack
- Initiative and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated success in managing projects and working closely with business stakeholders
- Demonstrated expertise in working with and handling extremely sensitive materials and information
- Exposure to or knowledge of employment and/or privacy laws
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a work in a fast paced environment including translation of complex concepts and issues into insights for Senior Management and non-technical audiences
- Awareness of latest cyber security trends and developments
We'd Love To See:
- Experience in a role related to insider threat, corporate investigations, internal audit, counterintelligence, compliance, risk or related field
- A passion for designing and building software to help solve problems-Good conceptual knowledge of probability and statistics
- Experience in development and/or project management of product features
- Experience in Business Intelligence dashboard creation
- Familiarity/interest in learning our technology stack:
- Python 3 development experience (SQLAlchemy, requests, BeautifulSoup, etc.)
- Python data science stack (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, sklearn, Jupyter, etc.)
- SQL, PySpark, Amazon S3
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.