Sr. Product Manager, Markets
New York, NY
Posted Jan 30, 2023 - Requisition No. 113774
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead and drive innovation within our Markets + Data product suite, which includes market data and news, our Watchlist, and charting tools and capabilities. Basically: Everywhere a company, stock, bond, or currency is mentioned or shown on Bloomberg.com and our app. You will develop the roadmap and find larger opportunities for growth and deepen engagement with our subscribers and readers. We’re looking for doers, people who roll up their sleeves to sweat the details of user experience and execution.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Own and develop a strong consumer-facing Markets roadmap; identify and actualize new features and experiences, using data to inform your decisions; develop a monetization strategy for how the market product suite can drive revenue for our subscription and commercial businesses.
- Prioritize features that will have a measurable impact for our customers and on the business. Be very comfortable analyzing and making recommendations based on user data. Familiar with a/b testing best practices
- Hold a solid understanding of financial markets data, the terminology and the unique challenges associated with the domain.
- Be a great team member, partnering with cross-functional teams across the building to make things happen. Have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly and broadly about product vision, status and impact with partners and executives across the business.
- Demonstrate strong skills working with engineers, design, advertising, and editorial partners across the organization. You are comfortable working in a matrixed organization and a natural self-starter.
- Have a passion for user-centered design and user experience, conducting user research and working closely with designers + users to create amazing experiences.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Demonstrated experience working in B2C product, ideally in news or finance.
- Subject matter expertise and knowledge of global financial markets; understanding and familiarity with the intricacies across all asset classes (equities, commodities, currencies, indices, fixed income.
- A strong bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development; ability to think big picture while ensuring the day-to-day runs smoothly.
- Strong communication skills and excellent people skills and a proven collaborator; ability to work successfully with both direct and indirect teams; comfortable managing a varied group of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Deep understanding of technology and latest trends in the digital space. You are willing to get into the weeds and details to understand our data and systems and own governance of our market data.
- Self-starter who is comfortable engaging across teams to acquire stakeholder consensus and support for the markets roadmap.
- Empathy for our users and for your colleagues, a high level of integrity and openness and collaboration.
- Understanding of design principles, usability, UX design; experience with user research and the ability to leverage qualitative and quantitative insights to drive design and product development decisions.
- Experience and demonstrated ability in understanding and discussing technical concepts and tradeoffs
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 150,000 - 175,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus