Sr. UI Engineer - Electronic Trading
New York, NY
Posted Apr 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 103068
Who are we?
Electronic Trading is the engineering team behind the world’s largest over-the-counter (OTC) electronic trading (ET) platform. Our platforms have been at the heart of market structure changes, driven by trade automation and regulation. Clients are actively looking to cut costs by switching to automated and efficient ways of trading, and regulators are pushing for increased transparency and systemic controls to prevent another financial crisis. This is an exciting time to be in this space as we embark on projects that cater to these needs and leave a lasting impact on financial trading markets.
We are looking for engineers who would take up the challenge for building UI along with full stack development. You will work closely with the Product, UX and Software infrastructure teams to build high performance, realtime interfaces. Bring your design based thinking hats to create intuitive workflows in analytics, trading and regulatory domains.
What’s in it for you:
Given we have access to financial experts and how we are influenced by world economic and political news, you will always have an opportunity to learn more about the financial markets.
- Develop and maintain new client facing features to keep our product competitive and cater to the growing demands of our clients.
- Work very closely with our clients and business representatives to seek requirements and implement creative solutions.
- Collaborate with our core infrastructure teams to develop full-stack solutions.
- Explore, innovate and be open to taking calculated risks.
- Be a part of a team that doesn't miss an opportunity to have a good time together. We take board games and haxball as seriously as we take our code and projects.
What you’ll need to have:
- 2+ years of front-end web development experience
- 2+ years of experience in C/C++/Java/Python or any modern object-oriented languages
- Strong knowledge of application architecture and design patterns
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with unit testing and continuous integration tools such as Jest, Jasmine, Jenkins etc and concepts like Code Coverage, UI Automation
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment using agile methodologies
- Self-motivated and proactive attitude to problem solving
BA, BS, MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
What we’d love to see:
- Experience building trading products and ideas for improving them
- Experience with web frameworks
- Experience with Python or C++ programming
- Experience with Agile software development
- Understanding of relational/non-relational databases
- Experience working in a UNIX or Linux development environment
- Strong in functional programming
- Familiar with developing environment - git, npm, eslint
- Familiarity with Redux and React libraries
- Familiarity with Google Chrome Development Tools, specifically Heap Recorder and Profiler
Meet the team:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.