What’s the role?
The Staff Risk and Investigations team within Bloomberg’s Chief Risk and Compliance Office (CRCO) is responsible for implementing an Insider Threat program across Bloomberg, including managing investigations and responding to client data incidents
Bloomberg is seeking a highly capable individual to join the Staff Risk and Investigation team (SR&I) to help enhance the Insider Threat program, including assisting with enhancing the program framework, policies, standards and procedures, technology, governance and overall reporting. This individual will also be responsible for performing day to case management and investigations with the goal of predicting, detecting and responding to insider threats and incidents.
We’ll trust you to:
- Proactively analyze data, perform research and verify information for potential mis-conduct or anomalous behavior
- Proactively gather and compile internal/external intelligence data
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with lines of business, and key partners and stakeholders including Security Operations, Physical Security, Information Security, Incident Management, Legal, HR and others to guide risk mitigation efforts
- Utilize data mining tools to collect, search, sort and organize large amounts of information
- Analyze data feeds for event detection and perform correlation analysis on data from all monitoring sources
- Coordinate response activities with various stakeholders for confirmed incidents and recommend mitigation strategies
- Continuously evaluate changes in actors, tactics, techniques and targets to enhance threat scenarios and use cases and make recommendations to ensure technology strategy maintains pace with changing insider threat landscape
- Evaluate historical events and incidents to identify trends and methods of data loss
- Ensure close coordination with Bloomberg Risk Management on aligning risks, issues, enterprise reporting, etc.
- Develop Senior Management reports including metrics on Insider Threat activities
- Assist with planning and execution of Insider Threat training
- Assist with the roll out of the program in EMEA and Asia Pacific
- As needed assist with new and ongoing insider threat investigations across the enterprise
- Conduct interviews and clearly document all investigations keeping in mind potential legal requirements (e.g., chain of custody)
- Execute special projects as required
You should have:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant insider threat, investigative or counterintelligence experience
- Knowledge of incident response and crisis management
- Awareness of latest cyber security trends and developments
- Demonstrated success in working closely with Security, Legal, HR, external Intelligence community, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in working with and handling extremely sensitive materials and investigations
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a work in a fast paced environment including translation of complex concepts and issues into insights for Senior Management and non-technical audiences
- Ability to conduct end to end investigations including collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- Ability to work independently on initiatives with little oversight
- Motivated and willing to learn
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- CISSP, CISM or other relevant Information Security certification
- Willingness to travel on short notice
If this sounds like you: Apply! If we believe you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel “Inside Bloomberg” www.youtube.com/InsideBloomberg
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status