Statistical Analyst (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Mar 6, 2019 - Requisition No. 73978
We are seeking statistical analysts to accelerate the development of a data-intensive product offering. You should demonstrate expertise in quantitative analysis techniques, including knowledge and experience with a range of data sources and statistical analysis. Additionally, you will be expected to learn domain-specific material.
We’ll trust you to:
- Synthesize and normalize a wide range of financial and alternative data sources
- Collaborate with data and production implementation teams
- Communicate clearly through face-to-face meetings and presentations
- Deliver complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Perform literature surveys
You’ll need to have:
- PhD or strong Master's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Quantitative Finance or a similarly quantitative field
- Experience implementing statistical research projects that apply cross-sectional and time-series econometrics and dimensionality reduction to financial data
- Ability to perform statistical analysis in Python
- 3+ years of experience in the financial sector working with firm-level data
Exposure to one or more of the following areas is a plus:
- ESG investment analysis
- Integrating multi-source (e.g. administratively reported, surveyed, or news sentiment data) datasets of varied frequencies in a common analytical framework
- Fundamental financial analysis and corporate valuation
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.