Strategic Partnerships & Initiatives Manager, Commercial Marketing
New York, NY
Posted Apr 3, 2023 - Requisition No. 115306
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning TV, digital, print, radio and live events across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Originals to Bloomberg Green, Bloomberg New Economy, our rapidly growing consumer subscription business, and much more.
We're seeking a Strategic Partnerships & Initiatives Manager to join our Commercial Marketing Team, reporting to our Global Head of Strategic Partnerships & Initiatives. This exciting role involves the participation in Bloomberg Media’s priority commercial and marketing initiatives, working cross-functionally across Brand & Trade Marketing, Sales, PCM, Strategy, as well as groups outside of the Commercial organization like Editorial, Product, Technology, and more. You will have a unique opportunity to innovate new marketing opportunities and partnerships for Bloomberg Media that drive commercial revenue, participating from inception and strategic development, to execution.
This role uniquely includes the development of both externally-facing initiatives and partnerships as well as internal strategic marketing priorities. You will ideally have had prior experience in a strategic and externally-/client-facing role, have a grasp on full-funnel marketing strategy, and naturally approach opportunities with a commercial mindset. Past experience in media is not a must, but an understanding and curiosity about the media ecosystem and growth of new platforms is critical as this role requires a deep understanding of Bloomberg Media’s business. You will ideally have experience working in a highly matrixed, fast-paced, global environment, and can balance strategic, creative, data-oriented thinking, with strong organization and attention to detail.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Develop upper funnel go to market strategy and positioning around new commercial partnerships or initiatives
- Create differentiated narratives and compelling strategic presentations for Bloomberg Media’s most high-priority partnerships and initiatives
- Apply a commercial lens to marketing initiatives and partnerships, with an eye towards strategy and monetization
- Be comfortable analyzing and incorporating data and insights to power understanding and excitement about Bloomberg Media's value proposition and opportunities
- Liaise with stakeholders across the rest of the Marketing organization, sales, editorial, product, distribution, and other teams on opportunities to determine value and partnership structure
- Be comfortable presenting to senior management in order to build consensus around complex ideas and initiatives
- Forge strong relationships within Bloomberg Media and with external partners
- Work proactively and independently, while also being part of a team
- Confidently work on multiple projects at once and have the ability to “keep things moving” independently, multitask, and manage up effectively
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Solutions oriented mindset and approach, working well in ambiguity and be a creative, outside the box thinker
- A willingness to push your thinking, attack issues from multiple angles and stretch yourself
- Exceptional presentation-building skills across formats, in terms of storytelling abilities, rigor and argument construction, and visual/formatting
- An optimistic and collaborative approach
- Business development experience or a strong commercial mindset
- Excellence working with quantitative and qualitative data sets, comfort working in Excel
- A strong balance of strategic thinking and executional excellence
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams and processes
- A high comfort level presenting to senior management
- Experience working in a fast-paced, matrixed, global environment
- 3+ years in a strategy, marketing, or partnerships role: strategy consulting, brand strategy, brand management, marketing strategy, strategic partnerships
- A deep understanding of (or interest in) B2B media landscape and industry trends
- Full acceptance of our media team culture commitments: Generosity + Ambition
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 105,000 - 155,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus