Strategic Reverse Logistics Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Apr 18, 2019 - Requisition No. 74721
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg's Supply Chain business is a dynamic global organization, providing support to our terminal internal and external customers through Distribution & Asset Management, Procurement, and Print Services, operating out of 22 locations across 12 countries. We work hand-in-hand with our businesses to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency. What does that mean? We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
Our global model poses the rare challenge of not just handling hardware in our warehouses, but also in our customer's hands because the Bloomberg terminal is a subscription based service. For example, if a trader's keyboard breaks, our department is responsible to swap the malfunctioning product with a new one as fast as possible - in our major cities this is less than 2 hours - with minimal disruption to their business. We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class.
We’re Bloomberg Customer Site Management - As part of the Supply Chain Organization we aim to provide an efficient and easy way for Bloomberg customers to receive, swap, return and store licensed equipment. Our team engages in Customer Site visits to review processes with our customers to optimize their equipment support.
We are seeking a Strategic Reverse Logistics Analyst to support our mission with data analytics. As an integral member of our team, you will manage and synthesize data; identify and validate opportunities; test the viability of alternate approaches and solutions. You interpret and communicate relevant information to colleagues and executive decision-makers. You will be responsible for providing reports, developing analyses and distilling actionable insights on core business metrics to enable data-drive decision-making.
We'll trust you to:
- Track and manage reverse logistics KPIs that align with our business objectives by using operational and quality data
- Design analytics and reporting to give daily insight into the performance of the department and our ongoing efforts
- Help identify root causes and recommended solutions, presenting results in meaningful terms and telling stories with data
- Continually improve processes and tools to increase automation, efficiency and levels of customer service
- Conceive of new ideas and projects to improve the performance of the department
- Operationalize the maintenance of data/metrics to feed reporting dashboards, to validate calculations, and to enhance current and new reporting tools
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in business and data analytics; working with large datasets
- 3+ years of professional experience, preferably in operations, supply chain or logistics
- Clear communication skills tailored to audiences ranging from senior managers and the broader departments
- The ability to manage across teams and business functions
We'd love to see:
- Advanced excel would be ideal
- Exposure to QlikSense would be ideal
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Fluency in an additional language(s) (verbal and/or written)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.