Strategy & Corporate Development
New York, NY
Posted Jan 12, 2022 - Requisition No. 99491
The Strategy & Corporate Development group works with Bloomberg’s management team and business leaders across our financial products, news/research, and data businesses. We are seeking someone with the relevant skills and approach to join the team! We think about our work in three ways:
- Strategic Alliances and Transaction Execution - We help our businesses achieve their strategic objectives. Whether this is through entering a new market or improving execution of an existing strategy, which can involve working with third parties, via partnerships, joint ventures, or acquisitions. In these cases, we help the businesses by leading the transaction process, including helping to develop investment theses, negotiating deal structures, and managing due diligence.
- Market Structure Strategy – Our team helps advise management and business leaders on updates in our industry (including disruptive or innovative companies in our industry) using our team’s exposure to industry participants, investment bankers, analysts, and venture capitalists, among others. We help offer insight into how Bloomberg’s competitive landscape is evolving. In doing so, we look to identify emerging technologies, industry trends and new product demands, regulations, new data sources, and industry consolidations/expansions that may have impact or create opportunity for our business.
- New Business Incubator – Our team works with groups across product, sales, engineering, data and research to identify and execute on new business opportunities that will drive new revenue and profits to the firm. This work often includes evaluating new markets, understanding how new technologies and regulations are driving product / industry trends, analyzing Bloomberg’s competitive positioning, and developing commercial strategies for Bloomberg to enter these markets.
- Develop deep domain expertise across Bloomberg’s businesses, including understanding our products, our customers, the competitive landscape, and relevant industry trends. Use insights to help execute project work and to identify business opportunities, critical gaps, and strategic threats.
- Stay current on how our businesses are evolving, through regular meetings with a network of relevant industry stakeholders. We also conduct research and synthesize implications to Bloomberg and use these findings to help inform strategy.
- Gather data to support and develop business recommendations and execution decisions. This work includes conducting research, interacting with investment bankers, analysts and industry experts, meeting with internal and external stakeholders, and gathering formal and informal client feedback. It also includes creating business cases to help business leaders make informed and defensible business decisions.
- Develop thorough quantitative analyses and financial models to support our business investment decisions.
- Synthesize new business opportunities across business lines and build supporting business plans to ensure efficient execution
- Assist in the project management of complex workstreams involving large, cross-functional internal teams that span groups such as Product, Engineering, Sales, Data, Research, Legal, Finance, and HR.
- Identify, negotiate and execute on strategic alliances, joint ventures, and acquisitions in support of our new and existing business goals.
- 5+ years of professional experience in financial services in a banking, corporate development or strategic investment role
- Outstanding problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinker
- Proficiency with Excel, financial modeling, and preparing Board-level presentations with strong attention to detail
- Highly organized and strong project management skills across multiple projects and business units
- Solid business and financial acumen; understanding of fundamental principles of economics and finance
- Proven ability to synthesize ideas and drive consensus across business lines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong personal initiative, good judgment, and outstanding ethics; desire to succeed in a fast paced, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Knowledge of new technologies and their impact on financial markets. Understanding of financial products and client workflows
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.