Strategy & Operations Associate - TicToc
New York, NY
Posted Aug 24, 2018 - Requisition No. 69024
The energy of a newsroom. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning digital, magazine, radio, television, and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential leaders.
In December, Bloomberg launched TicToc, a trusted global news network native to the social and digital world where rising decision makers work, learn, and connect with one another. We're seeking a Strategy Associate to support TicToc’s bold expansion. Reporting to the General Manager of TicToc and Global Head of Strategy and Business Development for Bloomberg Digital, you will have significant exposure to senior executives, an opportunity to own meaningful projects from strategy to execution, and a potentially rich path to career advancement within Tictoc, Bloomberg and the media industry.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with the GM and key partners to craft and implement brand vision and business strategy
- Lead special projects in service of TicToc’s growth and expansion
- Conduct financial analyses and market research to inform business vision and growth
- Showcase business vision and plans through polished, compelling presentations
- Support business development efforts with key external partners
- Find new and innovative ways to improve and streamline business operations
- Collaborate with senior executives and creators at every level across TicToc, Bloomberg and the industry
You’ll need to have:
- Preferred 2+ years at a premier management consulting firm, in corporate strategy at a leading company, or other analytical/strategic roles in media or related industries
- Proven track record of success
- Excellence in all areas of strategy development, including project management, business analysis, problem solving, recommendation, and consensus building
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and maturity around senior leaders
- Highly analytical thinker who finds structure, logic, and insight in complex business problems with limited supervision
- Top-notch quantitative, modeling, and presentation skills
- A strong sense of curiosity and a desire to learn
- Desire to push self and others to be their best
- Entrepreneurial mentality, bold in thinking and action
- Highly productive with the ability to make significant progress with only limited oversight and direction day-to-day
- High-energy and hard-working, with a positive attitude
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think you're a match! We'll be in touch right away with next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.