Strategy Index Production Team Leader
New York, NY
Posted Sep 8, 2022 - Requisition No. 108374
Bloomberg is a leading provider of custom index services. This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and the creation of index tracking funds and index-based structured products.
Our platform, Bloomberg Index Services Ltd (BISL) provides a diverse family of alpha generating strategy indices that offer quick and easy access to outperformance sources and a quantitative way to express investment strategies, in markets that would otherwise be difficult to access. Index products are available across multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, derivatives, and alternative investments.
What is the role?
You will be responsible for leading all aspects of the daily production processes of the various BISL index families within the AMER region. Reporting to the Global Head of Strategy Index Production, you will lead a team of three and ensure that index data is calculated and published accurately and on time every day. You will ensure client needs are met in an efficient and timely manner. You will work with the Engineering team to design and build the tools and technology required for the aforesaid tasks.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be a strong and dedicated leader who can communicate a clear vision about where the department is heading, what your team’s part is in it, and how you’re going to get there together
- Drive product strategy and development while ensuring the delivery of data, technology and governance for clients
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure Bloomberg’s technology that supports the index business is reliable and efficient
- Build trusted and collaborative relationships with key collaborators across Bloomberg including but not limited to Data, Sales, Engineering, Legal, and Compliance
- Manage, mentor, develop and challenge a team of Individual Contributors
- Have a workforce plan that enhances the skills of the team, fosters collaboration, and encourages diversity
- Collaborate closely with your partners in Human Resources to recruit, retain and develop diverse talent
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in a professional Data driven role and experience with indices preferable
- Excellent problem solving and communications skills
- A deep understanding of indices and the index business to drive a strategic vision
- Understanding of the full Bloomberg enterprise, as well as front to back office client landscape, and ability to leverage this knowledge to build scalable solutions
- Deep expertise in market data and in the associated technology which is shaping the future of our business
- Excellent understanding of the commercial landscape in which Bloomberg operates, along with comprehensive knowledge of financial products and the ways in which our clients consume data
- A shown ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and partners
- Strong knowledge of data feed technology
- Broad knowledge of exchange policies, vendor products, and customer usage
- An understanding of the importance of Diversity & Inclusion to our business and our desire to foster a culture of this within your department
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.