Structured Credit Reporter
New York, NY
Posted Aug 17, 2021 - Requisition No. 93315
Bloomberg News is seeking a driven reporter to help cover the $13 trillion U.S. structured credit market, where Wall Street turns to finance everything from home mortgages to big-city office towers and multi-billion-dollar private equity buyouts. You would be based in New York and part of a credit markets team that is passionate about breaking news and setting the agenda. We want reporters who love to collaborate with teammates to nail down a scoop. And we would expect you to be just as comfortable writing for a core audience of market insiders as you are cutting through the jargon for a general business news reader.
A successful candidate will have:
- At least three years of business reporting and writing experience and a love for untangling complex topics
- The ability to chase down the details of a new structured debt offering and write quickly and clearly under deadline pressure
- Proven experience in developing sources to generate intelligent, high-impact, market-moving scoops
- A knack for writing insightful, thought-provoking features that add value
- A desire to broaden your audience by discussing your stories on Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg Radio and Bloomberg QuickTake
- A desire to collaborate with colleagues across our more than 120 bureaus globally as well as platforms including Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg Radio and Bloomberg QuickTake.
Does this sound like you? Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.