Structured Products Cashflow Modeler (FA - Financial Analytics)
New York, NY
Posted Sep 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 96340
The Structured Products market makes up nearly $10 trillion of US public and private bond market debt. Banks use financial engineering to transform a variety of assets, such as residential and commercial mortgages, auto and student loans, and credit card debt, into securities that are structured to meet nearly any investor appetite.
We are responsible for creating and maintaining a large library of cashflow models and data for these securities. Cash flow models are required along with prepayment and credit assumptions in order to price these securities accurately. You will be creating cashflow models for a variety of asset sectors including Agency Collateralized Mortgage Obligations (CMO), Residential Mortgage Backed Securities (RMBS), Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS), Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLO), and various Asset Backed Securities (ABS, Credit Card, Auto, SLABS). You will be developing ground breaking tools to improve the accuracy and coverage of our product as well as to improve the efficiency and quality of supporting processes. We are working on multiple projects to increase our deal coverage while building infrastructure necessary to help us meet our goal of providing cashflows for all varieties of structured products. As part of our team, your contributions will be crucial to the development and growth of our product. You will be asked to work closely with our software developers, product managers and global data partners to ensure our product’s capabilities and offerings are world class in order to meet the requirements of our clients, which include groups within Bloomberg, our core terminal customers, and our enterprise services subscribers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Reverse engineer and manage a large library of financial cashflow models relevant to portfolio managers and traders
- Communicate with lead managers and other clients to properly create and update cashflow models
- Re-calibrate/validate cashflow models on a regular basis according to securities’ periodic reports
- Collaborate with our developers to design and implement internal system tools, including test validations, enhancements for new features, automated product reports, and workflows
- Partner with product managers in understanding clients' workflows to design and build software solutions that meet and exceed their expectations
- Proactively lead initiatives by driving definition of requirements, project estimations, sprint scheduling, risk mitigation and tactical deployment
You’ll need to have:
- 2+ years professional experience in data driven analytical work or programming
- Strong communication, attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take on detailed assignments in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with computer programming languages and concepts
- a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or
- an equivalent combination of education, and/or
- specialized training, and/or
- related professional experience
- Knowledge or experience in Structured Products, such as RMBS, ABS, CMBS, and/or CLOs
- Experience with Python, Unix, JIRA, or Github
- Knowledge in Fixed Income also a plus
This position requires at least one of the following:
We'd love to see:
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org