Studio Business Manager
New York, NY
Posted Jan 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 88530
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
In this role you are responsible for managing the global business operations of Bloomberg Media Studios in the U.S., EMEA and APAC. This includes financial planning/reporting, staffing, vendor procurement, resourcing and licensing. The Creative Business Manager brings financial rigor to the Studio by tracking department revenue, managing global pricing and cost structures for Studio services, sourcing external partners, and finding cost efficiencies wherever possible. The Creative Business Manager assigns staff to projects and monitors the overall resource needs of the Studio.
We’ll trust you to:
- Track and report Bloomberg Media Studios's P&L on a monthly and annual basis. Run budgets and forecasts with transparency, managing risks and escalating concerns.
- Responsible for managing global pricing policy for Creative services to be used in Pre-Sale proposals. Monitors costs during Post-Sale execution. Includes tracking of team hours against specific projects.
- Works with Advertising Operations and Finance to develop new commercial revenue opportunities including partnerships and breakthrough custom content products unique to Bloomberg. Integrates new products into the workflows of Creative, Marketing and Sales.
- Assigns staff to every U.S.-based project to ensure the delivery of work is timely and on budget. Be first point of contact for new U.S.-based project requests. Review and assess validity of requests to understand project details, creative ask, deadlines, and revenue/profit margin. Establish and maintain global project tracker in conjunction with Studio personnel in EMEA and APAC to ensure adequate resourcing across regions.
- Always look to streamline process efficiencies without comprising quality. Not afraid to put a case together for better and more focused workflows or changes in headcount.
- Procure and onboard external partners, freelancers, talent/influencers, and others to assist the Studio. Help lead compensation negotiations, write-up contracts and manage invoicing in partnership with Bloomberg Legal and other relevant parties.
- Administration of Studio software services, licensed media vendors, servers and archives.
- Help elevate the Studio’s visibility both internally and within the industry by sharing breakout work, case studies and creating submissions for industry awards.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations or a related field.
- 7+ years’ experience in revenue and business operations in a marketing or consumer-focused industry.
- Ability to work with clients, cross-functional parties and senior management on all aspects of the business.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and be skilled in managing peak periods of work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.