Supervising Producer, Podcasts (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Sep 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 95258
** Preferred location: New York (Remote Available) **
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to reinventing live events.
Bloomberg is expanding its audio offerings and looking for a creative, organized and energetic supervising producer to oversee a slate of two to three new podcasts that will be launched between December of 2021 and June of 2022. The senior producer will help build an overarching, long-term vision for the shows, and innovate and recruit to keep the show format and content fresh.
- Alongside the head of podcasts, help develop a distinctive yet complementary style and point of view for each show
- Help oversee the dedicated production staff on each show
- Act as a quality check and provide oversight to the senior producer of each show as they develop news agendas and story arcs
- Listen to and provide notes on field tape, scripts and outlines
- Develop detailed, ambitious yet realistic production schedules
- Keep show staff accountable to reporting, editing and production deadlines
- Work closely with reporters and editors in the newsroom, and other stakeholders.
- A sharp editorial ear
- Excellent news judgment
- 5-7 years of experience in audio editing or production
- Some ability to cut tape in Adobe Audition or Protools is helpful
- Some management experience is preferred
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.