Supplier Lifecycle Management Representative - Contract
New York, NY
Posted May 28, 2020 - Requisition No. 82527
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Supplier Life Cycle Management team is a part of the Bloomberg Procure to pay department. Our team is based in New York with regional presence for Global support. We are responsible for the end to end process for all vendor setup, enablement of e-Invoicing solutions as well as providing governance to vendor onboarding requirements while maintaining risk and controls compliance. In addition we have data ownership responsibilities over SAP vendor management domain as well as providing expertise in compliance and policy enforcement. We are dedicated to supporting all business areas and key stakeholders across the company. We are looking for a motivated, proactive, self-starting, analytical, problem solver to join our fast paced environment.
You’re one of those people who:
- Are very detailed oriented with an analytical skill set
- Thrives on a challenge and solving complex problems
- Works well independently as a proactive self-starter
- Enjoys interacting with a diverse group of people and are able to seek out direction when required
- Works to provide the highest level of customer service
We’ll trust you to:
- Assist with the data clean-up of a Supplier Relationship Management program
- Analyze large vendor data and identify potential issues and compare several datasets
- Identify data consolidation opportunities
- Review certification documentation as well as tax related required documents
- Understand the importance of operational control and are able to execute effectively
- Guide potential suppliers through cross-functional processes and on-boarding requirements
- Manage all vendor related inquires effectively and adhere to departmental KPIs/SLAs
- Participate in ad-hoc projects/request as needed
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all our business stakeholders (i.e. vendors, end users
- Conduct reporting for supplier performance against KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Assist with ad hoc spend reporting especially as it relates to supplier volumes and performance
- Advise business units of current/potential future vendor risks
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience (internships acceptable) managing large data sets including data analysis and clean up
- Strong MS Excel experience
- Very detail oriented with an understanding of this roles' exposure and impact
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple initiatives simultaneously and deliver under aggressive timelines
- Excellent communication skills including business writing and presentation skills
- Professional presence to interface with corporate decision makers
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic with a positive, hands-on, can-do attitude
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of AP processes
- Exposure to or experience with SAP/Ariba
- Customer Service experience
- Operational experience
- Vendor Risk Management experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.