Supplier Onboarding Management and Support Representative
New York, NY
Posted Aug 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 106047
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
The Supplier Onboarding Management & Support team is a part of our Procure to Pay department. Based in New York and providing global support, we are responsible for the end-to-end process for all vendor setup, enablement of E-Invoicing solutions as well as providing governance to vendor onboarding requirements while maintaining risk and controls compliance. In addition, we have data ownership responsibilities over SAP vendor management domain and expertise in compliance and policy enforcement. We are dedicated to supporting all business areas and key stakeholders across the company.
We are looking for a motivated, proactive, self-starting, analytical, problem solver to join our fast-paced environment. You will need to be very detail oriented, enjoy interacting with a diverse group of people from the Business, Suppliers and Accounts Payable, but also can work well independently and handle your own queue of work. You always ensure due diligence and controls are upheld during the entire supplier creation and maintenance lifecycle. You are not be afraid to challenge the status quo and seek to not only solve complex problems but do so with risk mitigation in mind. You aim to always do the right thing to protect Bloomberg and our clients. You thrive in a team environment and take time to really understand what the customer needs.
We'll trust you to:
- Accurately vet and guide suppliers through cross-functional onboarding processes from a process, technology and policy perspective, and ensure they are able to transact through our invoice submission channels
- Combine your Excel and data analysis skills with your strong relationship building abilities to understand our stakeholders, priorities, and goals
- Manage vendors and related inquiries, adhering to departmental deliverables, and perform KYC reviews
- Effectively execute established operational control and interface autonomously with functional business partners to understand supplier requirements
- Work independently and collaboratively with the global team to provide the highest level of customer service to all our partners (i.e. vendors, Business Units, Accounts Payable, Risk teams)
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Compliance or related field or equivalent experience in the Procure To Pay domain
- Experience excelling in an operational role and managing large ticket queues while maintaining excellent customer service and timely/relevant updates to clients and stakeholders
- The ability to handle fast paced timelines for multiple, simultaneous, high-exposure initiatives
- Proficiency with presenting large data set analysis to business partners
- Excellent communication skills; demonstrated professional, tactful problem solving, business writing and presentation skills with personal presence to provide constructive feedback to corporate decision makers around process, policy, and technology improvements
- SAP proficiency is preferred.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.