Supply Chain - Distribution Planner - New York
New York, NY
Posted Sep 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 108822
Bloomberg's Supply Chain business is a dynamic global organization comprised of subject matter authorities that support internal and external customers through Planning, Manufacturing, Logistics, and Warehousing. Operating out of 22 locations globally to distribute business critical equipment in over 190 countries, we work hand-in-hand with our businesses to plan, procure, and distribute the products and services that drive the success of Bloomberg worldwide.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg Supply Chain is seeking for a Distribution Planner to be a part of the Supply Chain Planning team. As a valued member of our global Supply Chain team, you will be responsible to ensure right equipment in right locations at right time in AMER region by monitoring customer equipment demand and positioning inventory availability. You will play a critical role to balance demand and supply requirement of Bloomberg equipment, and driving continuous operations improvement. We also expect you to collaborate closely with business stakeholders and operations in order to deliver the best service quality to Bloomberg customers.
What will you do:
- Manage distribution schedule in AMER region, and arrange stock transportation orders to FSLs or other regions on daily basis
- Work with various stakeholders in different business markets to optimize inventory level in the region by reviewing safety stock, lead time and volatility in demand and supply plan
- Work with various functions in Supply Chain to optimize cost and lead time
- Maintain master data to align with all planning functions during hardware NPI and EOL process
- Involve in projects for system enhancement, automation, continuous process improvements, etc.
You'll need to be able to or have:
- Proficiency in Supply Chain principles and a broad understanding of S&OP.
- Demonstrations as a team player with excellent communication skills and documentation skills.
- A thorough understanding of standard order management process.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the emphasis on maintaining good working relationships with business partners.
- Demonstrate aptitude to manage projects and deadlines, as well as lead project teams if required.
- SAP R/3 and MS Office experience is required.
We'd love to see:
- Extensive experience in Logistics and Distribution
- Experience in Supply Planning using SAP would be beneficial
- Ability to analyse problems, create solutions and multi-task with attention to detail.
- MCIPS (Member of /studying towards qualification with Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Chain) or related Supply Chain qualifications, are also preferred.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.