Supply Chain Global Product Owner
New York, NY
Posted Oct 2, 2019 - Requisition No. 78792
What’s the role?
Bloomberg’s Supply Chain Operations department is looking for a Global Product Owner who will partner with various functions within the organization to lead the efforts across numerous global operational functions to ensure optimal product delivery and drive efficiency in operations of a unique Bloomberg product suite. The various functions to coordinate amongst are Sales, Engineering, Warehousing, Logistics, Manufacturing, Technical Support, Planning, Inventory Controls, Repair Operations, and others.
What will you do?
- Create and drive the operational strategy that enables Bloomberg to deliver the key hardware to customers to satisfy the various needs of the business and customer
- Understanding and leveraging the enterprise product life cycle and determining means to minimize the total cost of ownership of key Bloomberg hardware
- Leveraging a core knowledge of Supply Chain Planning to further develop an enterprise strategy to ensure efficient delivery to internal and external customers
- Using Agile methodology to influence and collaborate with partners in operations, engineering, marketing, sales, and finance to determine the most efficient means to produce and deliver hardware for Bloomberg customer and employee use
- Coordinate and approve the final delivery of quality and precise demand and supply forecasts using data such as sales forecasts, shipment histories and marketing plans
- Interact with various functions within the organization (such as Warehouse, Trade Compliance, Logistics, Quality, Accounting, Engineering, Sales) to understand and interpret the potential impact of market trends and demand/supply drivers
- Leverage and enhance existing S&OP/E processes to drive continuous improvements in operating metrics
- Phase-in new products and provide suggestions for new relationships
- Propose and drive the implementation of business process enhancements and opportunities to improve operational efficiencies (e.g., lead-time reduction initiatives with various suppliers across multiple product lines)
- Collaborate with the various functional groups to implement the necessary inventory procedures and controls to ensure accuracy targets are achieved
You need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in a product management or product ownership role.
- Proven skills in successfully driving performance against operating metrics and goals
- Great energy and interpersonal skills with a strong focus in customer service
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years of experience in working within various functional roles driving strategy formulation
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with information gathering, analysis and management reporting as well as statistical modeling and simulations tools
- Membership in professional organizations, trade or user groups
- Experience in various Supply Chain operations roles, including Planning and/or Distribution
- Understanding and experience using Agile to drive organizational development and change
- A genuine passion for building cross-functional relationships and developing people
- Advanced (i.e., Master’s level) degree in supply chain management, operations, Engineering, mathematics or related field with a strong quantitative focus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match - we'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.