New York, NY
Posted Nov 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 79570
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions.
Bloomberg's Supply Chain business is a dynamic global organization, providing support to our internal and external customers through Planning, Manufacturing, Logistics, and Warehousing, operating out of 22 global locations and distributing our equipment to over 190 countries. We work hand-in-hand with our businesses to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency. We plan, procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We pride ourselves on being subject matter authorities. Our Distribution & Planning teams handle the full hardware product life-cycle from forecasting and planning, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution, international trade compliance, and quality control.
What's the role?
The Supply Chain Planning team is responsible for determining the Supply Chain strategy for the physical products that Bloomberg provides to customers and internal business groups. The specific aspects of this group include demand planning, supply planning, distribution planning, maintenance of inventory controls and audits, and procedures to monitor and verify inventory levels globally. Additionally the group is responsible for determining and acquiring the budgets needed to procure and manage all aspects of the product life-cycle. We are seeking an energetic, innovative individual to join our Planning team as the Supply Planner for the Americas Region.
What will you do:
- Work with global counterparts in demand planning to create and execute supply plans for all core products
- Maintain and optimizing stock levels for internal and external customers across the Americas
- Create and communicating purchase and repair plans for core equipment
- Establish relationships with key vendors to drive efficiency in the order fulfillment process
- Determine and creating stock transport orders to distribute materials across the region and internationally to meet demand
- Coordinate with other regional counterparts to determine the process and technology enhancements that will improve customer service and manage our products in an efficient way for Bloomberg
- Demonstrate and promote continual improvements in the Supply and Distribution Planning process
You'll need to be able to or have:
- Proficiency in Supply Chain principles and a broad understanding of S&OP
- Demonstrations as a team player with excellent communication skills and documentation skills
- A thorough understanding of standard order management process.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the emphasis on maintaining good working relationships with business partners
- Demonstrate aptitude to manage projects and deadlines, as well as lead project teams if required
- SAP R/3 and MS Office experience is required
We'd love to see:
- Extensive experience in Logistics and Distribution
- Experience in Supply Planning using SAP would be beneficial
- Ability to analyse problems, create solutions and multi-task with attention to detail
- MCIPS (Member of /studying towards qualification with Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Chain) or related Supply Chain qualifications, are also preferred
If this sounds like you:
Apply - if we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.