New York, NY
Posted Mar 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 89366
The Corporate Technology Group is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all hardware, software, and enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration, which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward.
As a Systems Architect in the Systems Architecture Team, you will be expected to use your systems design and architecture skills to design and implement new applications, tools, and infrastructure into the Bloomberg Corporate environment. The Systems Architecture Team works with business partners to implement new and exciting technology that helps keep our offices state of the art and our employees productive. You will collaborate with Bloomberg's Engineering, Security, and Employee Operations teams to make sure that new systems are reliable, secure, and can operate at scale. You will also have the opportunity to work alongside other architects, system reliability engineers, software engineers, and administrators as we transform our corporate infrastructure to meet the needs of a mobile workforce.
You'll Need To Have:
- 10 years or more experience with medium to large scale IT enterprise applications and/or infrastructure architecture and support.
- Experience with Microsoft based technologies including Active Directory, Windows Operating Systems, SQL Server
- Experience with SSO Architecture and Implementation
- Experience with Microsoft Azure services including Office 365, Azure Active Directory and Endpoint Manager
- Experience with scripting in Powershell
- Familiarity with network firewalls and proxies and how they impact system design
- Proficiency in network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH, SSL, DNS, and SNMP
We Would Love To See:
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Ability to coordinate with multiple teams across different skills sets
- IT Security Fundamentals
- Experience with Splunk, Grafana, Humio, or other log aggregation tools
- Secure, enterprise implementation of software-as-a-service solutions
- Programming in Python, Ruby, Bash or other modern programming languages
- Mac or Linux Administration (Catalina, Big Sur, JAMF, Redhat, Ubuntu, CentOS)
- System Administration utilizing Ansible, CHEF, or Jenkins
Does this sound like you? Please apply!
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.