Talent & Development Partner
New York, NY
Posted Mar 5, 2021 - Requisition No. 89351
We are Global Leadership and Talent Development. Our team is a group of leadership, learning and organizational development specialists working alongside HR Business Partners, Recruiters, Diversity and Inclusion Partners, and business leaders. We use a broad approach to developing learning solutions and talent strategies, always taking into account Bloomberg's global scope, diverse businesses and a desire to remain nimble. We support Bloomberg's overall business goals by serving as partners and consultants, helping develop existing leaders while identifying and growing high potential talent.
Bloomberg Media is an award winning, multi-platform global content publisher that services a premium audience of more than 90 million consumers. Powered by Bloomberg’s unmatched data and the world’s largest newsroom, Bloomberg Media commercializes content across every platform to connect hard-breaking news to audiences and consumers around the world.
What’s the role?
As a Talent Partner for Bloomberg Media, you’ll collaborate with HR teams and global leaders to understand talent and leadership development needs and build and deliver bespoke solutions that are culturally relevant, globally scalable, and aligned with business priorities to drive performance. You’ll recommend and implement a wide range of learning and development, change management, and other thought leadership approaches based on business needs. You'll be working with a team that evaluates, builds and delivers the core leadership curriculum for employees at all levels, from aspiring leaders to senior managers.
In addition to supporting our leaders in the Americas and Europe, our New York-based Talent Partners work with our Talent Development teams across the globe to develop our leaders and teams around the world.
Who are you?
You want to make a difference. You thrive in a strategic role as an exceptional multi-tasker with a real passion for talent strategy development and learning solutions. You are able to understand business challenges and opportunities and link them to talent development needs on a global scale with the ability to customize them to local needs. You’re a collaborative problem-solver who thinks fast, adapts quickly to change, operates with a high degree of integrity and is happy to be "hands-on" in all aspects of your work. Most of all, you’re client-service oriented with outstanding critical thinking and communication skills.
We'll trust you to:
- Partner with HR colleagues and senior leaders to understand the talent and learning needs across Bloomberg Media
- As part of the Media HR team, you will focus on the continuous development and evolution of various talent programs, including Mentorship programs, Executive Sponsorship programs, Career Development initiatives and Organization Design and Change, to name a few
- Lead the strategy, design/creation and implementation of leadership and management development programs including tailoring common professional development offerings
- Work in collaboration and partnership with the Enterprise Talent Development team to ensure Bloomberg Media is aligned and benefitting from enterprise thought leadership programs
- Identify and incorporate new methodologies for evaluating the impact of learning experiences alongside planning for the skill set and development of the future
- Facilitate the identification, development and management of high potential talent
- Act as an executive coach to Bloomberg Media leadership team and employees where required
You need to be able to:
- Partner with business managers and HR Business Partners to create and implement strategic talent plans
- Be pragmatic and passionate about leadership development and talent management
- Adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Communicate persuasively and credibly (both verbally and in writing)
- Deliver classroom, blended and remote training offerings for leadership audiences
- Be strategic in approach whilst hands on and execution focused
You need to have:
- 10+ years of proven experience designing and delivering training in a commercial environment with a strong emphasis on leadership development
- Extensive hands-on experience delivering in-person and remote training to international groups
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional design for in-person and remote learning
- Experience as an influential coach and advisor to senior leadership
- Experience implementing change and talent management initiatives and the ability to take personal accountability for their success
- Experience with diversity and inclusion work
- Experience identifying and developing high potential talent
- Solid organizational skills with a keen eye for detail and excellent prioritization abilities
- An ability to act professionally regarding sensitive subjects
Adaptable with an ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
We'd love to see:
- Experience in Media, Editorial or Financial/Professional Services
- Consulting experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.