Taxonomy Architect - CTO Office
New York, NY
Posted Nov 3, 2020 - Requisition No. 86964
Who we are:
The Bloomberg CTO Office is the future-looking technical arm of Bloomberg L.P. We envision, design and prototype the next generation infrastructure, hardware and applications that interface in all aspects of the company including financial products, broadcast and media, data centers, internal IT and our global network. We are passionate about what we do.
What we do:
The CTO Data Science department is a dynamic, collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment - the work is always exciting and the problems we tackle are never boring. From this department we guide the company's overall strategic direction for machine learning, natural language processing, and search throughout the entire business. We are transforming our business through these technologies as well as the insights we provide our customers across the global financial sector.
At Bloomberg, our systems ingest hundreds of billions of market data ticks and millions of curated news stories for financial players to process and make investment decisions. The CTO Data Science department's machine learning efforts enhance our clients' ability to find the right pieces of information that are necessary to succeed in their jobs.
Bloomberg’s breadth and depth of structured metadata about securities, entities, relationships and attributes in finance is unparalleled. Clients across the industry rely on this metadata, the underlying metadata models, the schemas and APIs that expose the metadata, and the analytic solutions that operate over this metadata. We are looking for an established technologist with experience in semantic web and in metadata modeling, warehousing and management to join the CTO office and build the metadata models of the future. Experience in finance is strongly preferred. You will be responsible for our global strategy for metadata modeling, metadata governance and metadata quality, working with business partners across the company.
With your help we’ll:
- Unify and advance our metadata models and the applications that rely on them.
- Extend and improve our capacity to gather, represent and provide point in time information relevant to finance.
- Develop standard schemas and tooling for capturing, storing and sharing metadata.
- Use automation to effectively govern and grow our structured metadata resources.
- Develop exciting new products for our clients to facilitate market research, investment strategy development and trading.
We’ll trust you to:
- Coordinate our strategy and practice of metadata modeling, including our taxonomies, our structured metadata, and our tooling for accessing and performing reasoning over structured metadata.
- Collaborate with data and engineering teams and project owners to establish consensus on metadata modeling and enforce best practices.
- Work with others in the CTO office, Enterprise, Engineering, Product and the Global Data Department on a suite of company-wide initiatives with visibility up to Company’s top executives.
You will have:
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience with developing and deploying point-in-time knowledge graphs, ontologies or metadata models at scale in a business context
- Experience with semantic web
- Experience with SHACL, RDF, SPARQL, OWL, RDFS
- Experience with finance
- Product management experience
- Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to work across organizational boundaries in a multi-stakeholder context
If this sounds like you, apply! In addition, do check out our blog, Company website, to learn more about our publications and projects in metadata science.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.