Team Lead - API Governance
New York, NY
Posted Jan 18, 2023 - Requisition No. 113531
The Team Lead - API Governance will be responsible for leading and managing the development and implementation of the API governance program at Bloomberg. This individual will work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, product, and other stakeholders, to define and execute the API strategy and roadmap. They will also be responsible for driving the adoption of API best practices, standards, and processes across the organization, as well as managing the developer relationship program.
Our group has a charter to empower developers here at Bloomberg to build and support well governed API’s for their products. Our platform supports various API projects that unlock financial data for clients across the global capital markets. Our engineers are responsible for the end-to-end developer experience for both our peers on Bloomberg API product teams that develop Bloomberg APIs and the technologists in Bloomberg client firms that consume them. We also build and maintain an API gateway as well as multiple middleware infrastructure components that enable developing and deploying OpenAPI & GraphQL based API’s. As a critical, and strategic part of Bloomberg connectivity infrastructure, we aim for a world-class user experience across the full API lifecycle.
- Develop and execute the API governance program strategy and roadmap
- Lead the API governance team and ensure alignment with company goals and objectives
- Define and implement API standards, best practices, and processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize API development and integration opportunities
- Lead the design and development of APIs, including architecture
- Monitor and measure API performance and usage
- Continuously improve the API governance program through innovation and process optimization
- Manage the developer relationship program, including onboarding, training, and support for external developers
You’ll need to have:
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering and API development
- 3+ years in a leadership, managing and coaching globally distributed teams and influencing third party technology strategy
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of API design and development best practices
- Experience with API governance frameworks and processes
- Experience with GraphQL and OpenAPI would be a big plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 200,000 - 300,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus