Team Lead - Enterprise Console Alerts
New York, NY
Posted Jun 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 104199
The Bloomberg Enterprise Console group designs scalable Big Data solutions that deeply impact enterprise-level applications for B2B products essential to the entire global financial market.
Our engineers are responsible for providing private cloud-based infrastructure and a suite of self-service applications for our clients (technologists in client firms and Bloomberg’s internal service and support desk) to detect, diagnose and remediate issues affecting client’s data flows with Bloomberg’s Enterprise Integration Suite. We provide clients with these capabilities through our web application (https://console.bloomberg.com).
We are a team of self-motivated engineers with expertise in different parts of our stack built to the latest industry standards with open-source technologies. We are currently seeking a Team Leader that will lead the Enterprise Console Alerts team.
The Enterprise Console Alerting Team is responsible for detecting and deriving alerts from billions of data points and delivering them in real-time via various channels (e.g. streaming web APIs, email, and internal ticketing system). We also build APIs and UIs for users to manage their alert rules and subscriptions. Our current focus areas are adding features to ensure a high signal to noise ratio of alert notifications; bringing more transparency into alert rules, subscriptions, and notifications; and building a flexible self-service framework for onboarding new business alerts.
You’ll need to have:
- Interest in learning new technologies and ability to form a technical vision quickly
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills. Ability to align business visions and technical visions to deliver value incrementally
- Experience in making decisions in a fast-paced environment with client impact
- Comfort mentoring hard working team members and onboarding new members
- Commitment to employing inclusive leadership that nurtures collaboration, discussion, and shared responsibility
- Relevant bootcamp experience or a BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Experience in leadership and ready to manage a team with 5+ members
- Experience in Scala, Play framework, Distributed Systems, and open-source technologies
- Understanding of full-stack SDLC
- Experience in hiring and growing the team
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.