Team Lead - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted Jun 22, 2022 - Requisition No. 104683
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We are currently seeking a Team Leader to support the Finance & Administration function. The CFO team provides critical financial support to the business. As a leading member of this team, you will have the opportunity to deliver a unique blend of financial and operational analysis, financial modeling, reporting and senior management support for a fast-paced and cutting-edge technology based financial services business.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Prepare financial and operational management reporting packages for Executive Management including business performance / financial results and variance analysis. Own preparation of reporting packages for review by Finance Admin CFO
- Manage the monthly close and Budget/Outlook processes. Work with business partners to prepare clear, metric based operating budgets and financial projections. Streamline workflows to create efficiencies and enhance financial reporting and analysis. Own monthly financial results, reporting and supporting processes.
- Develop a strategic partnership with functional business partners; advise on operational processes, issues and functional staffing models. Prepare financial models and analytics to support operational decision making.
- Facilitate engagement across finance operations, accounting and financial planning & analysis on key operational initiatives and financial tools and processes
- Lead a team of 3 senior analysts in support of team responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with applicable internal and external accounting standards and financial policies
- Ensure compliance with Company controls processes; own periodic assessments and support audits of internal controls
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- A minimum of 15 years of Finance Planning & Analysis in a related field
- Experience leading a team
- Strong quantitative, financial, and analytical skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills and comfortable working with large data sets and various systems
- Experience with SAP
We’d love to see:
- Experience in Finance for support or Corporate functions
- Financial modeling experience
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Experience designing and implementing financial or operational processes
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.