Team Lead - InfoSec Data Platform
New York, NY
Posted Jul 27, 2020 - Requisition No. 84084
Who we are:
Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in a dynamic market. In order to provide this level of service and the security required to protect it, the Security Data Platform team provides a platform that transforms petabytes of structured and unstructured data such as text, time series, and events into machine-readable knowledge fueling numerous security focused applications. The platform which supports these efforts is critical to its success.
That's where you come in. Working in a talented multi-disciplinary team, you will be responsible for the research, development, and stability of a new Information security data platform. This role offers the ability to innovate and invent, helping define the technical foundations of this essential platform. Our platform is built on a modern container orchestration, streaming and data storage platforms and provides a working base which information security engineers can quickly perform the analysis and build the tools they need to ensure security of our infrastructure.
The Security Data Platform team is a new team which was established to build a platform supporting the data and analytical needs of Bloomberg’s Information Security organizations. As a member of this new team you will be instrumental in all aspects of building a modern platform for delivering monitoring/alerting, anomaly detection and real-time analysis infrastructure in conjunction with our information security teams.
How we give back:
This new team will make extensive use of open source software. As part of that, we make a commitment to upstreaming features we'll be developing. Whether pushing bug-fixes upstream, developing new features, giving presentations at conferences and meetups, or collaborating with industry leaders, open source will be at the heart of this team. It's not just something we do in our free time, it is how we work.
What's in it for you:
You'll have the opportunity to make key technical decisions which will bring this platform into the future. You'll be able to apply your existing knowledge while gaining experience from working with specialists in stream processing, kubernetes, hadoop and information security. You'll have the opportunity to create a meaningful impact on the overall information security capabilities.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be a hands-on technical team leader
- Foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration, inside and outside the team
- Develop your team through coaching, mentoring, training and delegation
- Partner with information security personnel and product owners to understand their software and data needs, and design solutions to ingest, understand and present security related data
- Oversee developer and operational documentation,and troubleshoot run-time issues
- Provide performance analysis and capacity planning for clusters
- Foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration, inside and outside of the team
You’ll need to have:
- 1.5+ years of experience in a team leader capacity
- 3+ years experience programming in Java, Go, Scala, Python
- 3+ years experience working with Hadoop technologies such as HDFS, Hive, HBase
- 3+ years experience working with Apache Kafka or other message queuing systems
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with and/or across teams
- Experience managing competing goals and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
We’d love to see:
- Experience working with/in containerized environments using Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, Rancher, Mesos
- Experience with OSQuery, Santa, sysmon
- Experience writing parsers/schemas for semi-structured and unstructured content
- Experience using and automating Splunk queries and integrations
- Experience working with authentication and authorization systems such as Kerberos and LDAP
- Open source involvement such as a well-curated blog, accepted contribution, or community presence
If this sounds like you, apply! You can also learn more about our work using the links below:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.