Team Lead - Service Desk - Workplace Ops & Supply Chain
New York, NY
Posted Jan 18, 2024 - Requisition No. 122681
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through teamwork. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the role?
We are a close-knit, hardworking team who rely upon a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide; and those systems are the key to understanding where we are successful, and where we can develop.
Our 24,000 employees generate over 275,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle over 400+ software titles, as well as monitor our entire corporate network, which consists of 30,000 PCs, 60,000 screen displays and 20,000 laptops.
We’re looking for a New York based Team Leader to join our Employee Operations team. This team is crucial to the smooth operation of the internal IT systems at Bloomberg. We provide technical support for all our employees globally. As Bloomberg’s internal front line, while we predominantly offer technical support, we strive for a consistent employee experience and thus look for opportunities to improve and streamline across Operations and our service delivery model as a whole.
You will lead this team, striving for excellent customer service whilst taking a detail-oriented approach to addressing customer needs quickly and efficiently. As a people leader, there will be an emphasis on developing an impactful team and a focus on career development. You will be responsible for managing workload and escalations and facilitating tasks via ticketing systems, dashboards, and the Bloomberg terminal. This role is an opportunity to fully own the growth and development of the team and support the employee experience.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead and develop a team of high-performing individuals, driving adherence to SLAs and performance metrics through coaching and feedback
- Provide tailored coaching that improves individual productivity and performance
- Provide oversight to our Service Organization functions and ticketing systems
- Foster a diverse and inclusive work environment by demonstrating inclusive leadership, seeking out diverse points of view, and supporting the execution of new ideas
- Own recruiting initiatives, hiring diverse skills, and resource allocation
- Ensure governance of policies, procedures, and documentation are adhered to
- Collaborate and build robust relationships with other teams across Support
- Operations, including our end-users and customer business units
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for their teams to guide professional career development discussions
- Drive team delivery of excellent levels of customer service
- Create and present regular reports on team and individual performance
- Evaluate each team member's progress and contribution through regular check-ins and formal performance reviews, soliciting feedback from stakeholders, Product Owners, Team Leads, Scrum Lead, and Scrum Team
- Execute and communicate change management strategy
- Partner with regional and global service delivery product owners to ensure alignment on initiatives and priorities
You’ll need to have:
- Strong people leadership skills with the ability to motivate, coach and develop your team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with a positive attitude
- Experience in implementing and communicating change management strategy with clarity
- Ability to efficiently implement new processes and support organizational change initiatives
- Ability to operate successfully in a global landscape and have the dedication to move towards standardization and continuous improvement of processes
- Proven track-record and demonstrable understanding of IT operational disciplines, process workflows, resource, and problem management
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical employees
We’d love to see:
- Experience leading a team or program, or demonstrated people management and organizational change skills
- Experience working in an operational capacity, particularly a customer service or experience-oriented team
- Experience in a technical role, in the IT industry or working with a technical support team
- Experience working in a 24/7 coverage model organization
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 115,000 - 140,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus