Engineering Team Lead - Ticker Plant Value Added Services
New York, NY
Posted Sep 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 106747
What is our domain?
The Ticker Plant system is the central hub of the Bloomberg market data infrastructure, processing daily volumes of several hundred billions of real time market events across 100 million securities. The events originating in the Ticker Plant ultimately drive every financial function on the Bloomberg Terminal and, through a range of Bloomberg Enterprise solutions, feed into trading and analytics back end platforms of major financial institutions worldwide.
Ticker Plant Value Added Services is responsible for a set of features and systems that contribute normalized and derived data into the Bloomberg market data pipeline and set us apart from the competition by making our data easier to consume and interpret.
What do we do?
We work on projects ranging from introducing new data enrichments to the Ticker Plant, to architectural modernization, to workflow and process automation.
In the area of architectural modernization and workflow automation, we are working, along with other teams in Ticker Plant, to build an orchestration framework for automating configuration changes to Ticker Plant. This will allow for seamless onboarding of new datasets by data providers.
Due to the centrality of the Ticker Plant to Bloomberg’s business, all of the above efforts have profound impact across Bloomberg Market Data products, thus directly contributing to the company’s bottom line.
Supporting and evolving a critically important system of this scale and complexity presents unique and interesting challenges we invite you to help us solve.
As a team leader your responsibilities will range from developing team members, to ensuring efficient execution of work, to ensuring the team follows best engineering practices. You will work closely with all members of the team as well as stakeholders to ensure the team works on the right work, has technically sound designs and implementations, and communicates progress. You will manage a team of dedicated engineers with a variety of experiences and build a culture of openness, collaboration, and excellence.
We are a small, close-knit team, which gives everyone a chance to make a large impact. We plan our work in quarterly product increments and execute it in two week sprints, following all the core Scrum rituals of planning, refinements, retrospectives, and daily standups.
We focus on learning through collaboration, regularly having more than one engineer working on a story together so people can learn from one another.
What's in it for you?
- Gain hands-on experience and an understanding of challenges involved in designing, evolving, and maintaining large scale critical enterprise systems
- Join a diverse multicultural group of skilled engineers, with an opportunity to move between teams or regions as your expertise develops and your interests evolve
- Make an impact visible across the global financial services industry
- Work as part of a global organization, with close collaboration with colleagues in London and Hong Kong
You’ll need to have:
- Experience planning and managing execution of software projects in an agile environment
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on creating an open, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in C++ and Python or comparable languages
- Pragmatic engineering attitude with a focus on real world problem solving, not letting perfect be the enemy of good
- Willingness to collaborate and seek feedback from across the organization, both through informal outreach and through written proposals and designs
- This position requires at least one of the following:
*a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or
*an equivalent combination of education, and/or
*specialized training, and/or
*related professional experience.
We’d love to see:
- Experience leading a team of software engineers
- Proficiency in technical design of large enterprise systems
- Experience collaborating across a large organization
- Experience collaborating with business partners
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 200,000 - 300,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus