Team Lead - Ticker Plant Value Added Services
New York, NY
Posted Jan 9, 2023 - Requisition No. 113266
The Ticker Plant system is the beating heart of Bloomberg’s market data infrastructure, processing daily volumes of several hundred billions of real time market events across 100 million securities. The events originating in the Ticker Plant ultimately drive every financial function on the Bloomberg Terminal and, through a range of Bloomberg Enterprise solutions, feed into trading and analytics back end systems of major financial institutions worldwide.
Ticker Plant Value Added Services is responsible for a set of features and systems that contribute normalized and derived data into the Bloomberg market data pipeline and set us apart from the competition by making our data easier to consume and interpret.
What do we do?
We work on projects ranging from introducing new data enrichments to the Ticker Plant, to architectural modernization, to workflow and process automation.
In the area of architectural modernization and workflow automation, we are working, along with other teams in Ticker Plant, to build an orchestration framework for automating configuration changes to Ticker Plant. This will allow for seamless onboarding of new datasets by data providers.
Due to the centrality of the Ticker Plant to Bloomberg’s business, all of the above efforts have profound impact across Bloomberg's products, thus directly contributing to the company’s bottom line!
Supporting and evolving a critically important system of this scale and complexity presents unique and interesting challenges we invite you to help us solve.
As a team leader your responsibilities will range from developing team members, to ensuring efficient execution of work, to ensuring the team follows best engineering practices. You will work closely with all members of the team to ensure the team works on the right work, has technically sound designs and implementations, and communicates progress. You will manage a team of dedicated engineers with a variety of experiences and build a culture of openness, collaboration, and excellence.
What's in it for you?
- Gain hands-on experience and an understanding of challenges involved in designing, evolving, and maintaining large scale critical enterprise systems
- Join a diverse multicultural group of skilled engineers, with an opportunity to move between teams or regions as your expertise develops and your interests evolve
- Make an impact visible across the global financial services industry
- Work as part of a global organization, with close collaboration with colleagues in London and Hong Kong
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in engineering
- 2+ years in a leadership, managing and coaching globally distributed teams and influencing third party technology strategy
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Ability to effectively communicate, challenge and influence team members, peers, and partners
- History of successfully delivering on key initiatives and driving long-term strategic technology plans
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 200,000 - 300,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus