Team Lead Planning & Campaign Management
New York, NY
Posted Jun 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 104648
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
The vision of the Bloomberg Planning and Campaign Management team is to be collaborative partners within the media group, with a positive and proactive approach towards building cross platform media solutions and maximizing revenue. As a Team Lead, you will guide a team of planning and campaign managers in their pre to post sale responsibilities, assist the management team in evolving processes to increase productivity, and create an encouraging environment for our team members to grow their skills. This role will require you to challenge yourself and team members to add value through creative thinking, proactive approaches, data and insights, and display a continuous passion to present solutions for clients that set ourselves uniquely above our competitive set.
You will be able to:
- Embody a strong leadership presence by being active and vocal in meetings and brainstorms to add value to the organization
- Oversee a team of direct reports, assisting the Planning and Campaign Managers in navigating challenges. Act as point person to sales and among media departments for issues/concerns and escalate as needed
- Manage projects with minimal direction and background from management and use your skills and expertise to deliver a desired outcome that is best for the team and organization
- Responsible for development of all aspects of the planning process pre to post sale, which includes brainstorming ideas, data analysis to help determine media selections, cross platform plan development, execution of the media plans, maintaining campaigns to ensure seamless delivery and post analysis reporting
- Work directly with Sales and Clients in the pre and post sale, campaign development, execution and analysis.
- Attain a thorough understanding of the Bloomberg media platforms, ad products and capabilities
- Assist Planners in developing smart and strategic proposals infused with data and insights
- Develop strong Sales and Client relationships
- Work with sales to understand client’s objectives in order to identify and recommend ideal media placements for proposals
- Think about Client business through the lens of the competitive environment, understanding the Client's leverageable point of difference
- Minimum of 2 years of Management Experience
- Minimum 5 years of Media Planning Experience (Agency or Publisher), Digital or TV experience required
- A personality to be self-motivated, enthusiastic, detail-oriented and analytical
- Refined client relationship skills with experience in maintaining professional connections
- Effectively multi-task with strong prioritization, time management and organization skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to clearly state an objective, opinion, or view and communicate effectively with different personalities and mindsets
- Make timely decisions on behalf of your team members and yourself to move the business forward
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with frequent changes in priorities
- Excel in problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Bachelor Degree
You will need to have the following:
If this sounds like you, apply today!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.