Team Leader - Governance, Pay, Gender-Equality Index
New York, NY
Posted Nov 10, 2021 - Requisition No. 97394
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The importance of human capital, compensation structures, and diversity are critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance data is crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis. At Bloomberg, ESG data is displayed alongside fundamental data, backed by news for context, and used to power a growing suite of Sustainable Finance products.
As a team, we are responsible for reporting and enhancing ESG-related content for the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products, including company-reported and normalized metrics, industry-specific metrics, proprietary ESG scores, and the Gender Equality Index (GEI). Among our product offerings are datasets cover various topics related to corporate governance, including board composition, executive compensation, audit, and shareholder rights. The team is also responsible for the execution and oversight of the GEI as well as partnering with internal stakeholders to heighten the visibility of the index.
Joining the Global Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. Business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service, and your passion and expertise will have tremendous impact on our growing product offering.
As the Team Leader, you are required to be a hands-on leader that can effectively manage, motivate, and develop a team. You will lead by example in understanding the dataset, the processes, and the broader environment in which the team operates, which are critical to guide the team effectively. Leveraging your market knowledge and experiences, you will be hands-on in guiding your team to finding opportunities to apply technology to improve processes, expand coverage, and ensure quality and timeliness of the product. You will work closely with team specialists and stakeholders to create business opportunities.
We’ll trust you to:
- Hire, coach, develop and retain your team members to create a successful team
- Collaborate extensively with internal partners across Product, Engineering, and Sales
- Drive innovation across internal processes to find opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement new workflow solutions to improve the time to market/quality/create efficiency in our datasets
- Demonstrate leadership skills either through prior formal/informal experience
- Demonstrate expertise with financial modeling, financial statements, accounting principles, statistics
- Have strong market knowledge and understanding of ESG data in particular of governance and social data reporting landscape and how industry players use this data to drive business decisions
- A passion for Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree (preferably in Sustainability, Finance, or Economics)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Customer-focused mindset and ability to interact with a diverse range of client types
We’d love to see:
- A Master's degree in Sustainability, Finance, Business, Accounting, or Professional Certifications (CFA, etc.)
- ESG-related coursework or certification and working knowledge of the ESG market and data landscape
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.