Team Leader - Trading Connectivity
New York, NY
Posted Sep 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 102128
Team Leader - Order Management Integration
In this role, you'll lead the team that drives the integration of Bloomberg Execution Management Systems with external Order Management Systems. Our mission is to design and build multi-asset systems that can deliver value via our Financial Information Exchange (FIX) FIX and Bloomberg API networks no matter which markets our clients are trading in. You will be working in a fast-paced environment where you and your team's contributions will make a direct impact on the product.
Your work will shape our infrastructure as we transition to distributed high-performance architectures that deliver speed and reliability by design. You’ll build relationships across the globe in the pursuit of excellence in our products. Come join Bloomberg and take on the toughest challenges in the financial world today!
We'll trust you to:
- Rapidly absorb new technologies while building financial domain knowledge
- Develop a team of both junior and senior developers in a dynamic, exciting environment
- Grow team members along their career path in order to achieve company and personal goals
- Develop strong relationships with multiple types of stakeholders in other Engineering, Business and Support groups in the company to drive projects to success
- Build policies and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of software development and rollout
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years experience leading a software development team
- 3+ years of experience programming in C++/C, Java or Python
- Experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Experience with open source frameworks such as Kafka, Cassandra, Redis, etc
- Experience with Order Management, Execution Management Systems or similar trading applications
- Experience with Financial Information Exchange Protocol (FIX)
- Experience with Bloomberg API (RDP)
- Experience with unit and integration testing in containerized environments such as docker
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.