Team Leader, Financial Research Data
New York, NY
Posted Jul 2, 2020 - Requisition No. 83673
Investors target Alpha, our data and analytical tools help them achieve it. We provide portfolio managers with real time information on companies’ financial performance to assist in profitability analysis & assess the risk and return of their investment. Buy-side & sell-side equity analysts use our data to create valuation models to provide stock recommendations and target prices and assess the viability of investing in a company.
Company Financials has a unique opportunity in the New York office as a Team Leader to build the Industry Expert Team. In this role, you will work with a team responsible for improving and reporting fundamentals related content for the Bloomberg Terminal. Offering as reported and normalized financials, key analytical ratios, industry-specific data points, and Business Lines and Geographic Segmentation data - we move markets!
You’ll be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely industry data while managing relationships and alignment of business-needs of Bloomberg Intelligence. Your team ensures consistency, quality and timely delivery of special industry data while working closely with the experienced team of Bloomberg Intelligence analysts.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead a team of Industry Expert analysts to effectively manage resources to ensure timely and high-quality industry data
- Set group direction and strategy while communicating a clear vision to your department, Bloomberg Intelligence, and other key stakeholders
- Collaborate with global counterparts to define role, workflow, and operating procedures to ensure consistency in data quality and timeliness across regions
- Work closely with Bloomberg Intelligence to evaluate feedback and drive prioritization of data quality and workflow
- Partner with Engineering to ensure development are properly implemented to meet needs of global stakeholders
- Set a strategy to recruit, retain, and develop top talent within your team and global counterparts
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's or/and Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Management or equivalent work experience
- Proven leadership experience within a Financial data role
- Vision to align your department's goals to provide superior service to Bloomberg Intelligence and other internal/external clients, and the ability to execute a business and people strategy which delivers on that vision
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and requirements and to advocate on behalf of your team
- Well-honed listening skills, allowing you to draw understanding of your team and clients’ needs
- A proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and stakeholders
- In-depth understanding of merging technology and data processing methodologies
- Creative and flexible approach to managing and problem solving, including data analysis
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We'd love to see:
- CFA designation (or working towards it)
- Experience or knowledge in BI and Fundamentals workflow and processing tools
- Experience or strong interest in financial modelling
- Experience with industry specific data as part of your product coverage
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.