Technical Account Management, Enterprise Services - Bloomberg Financial Solutions
New York, NY
Posted Sep 18, 2023 - Requisition No. 119108
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. And, to ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering exceptional end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
We are Enterprise Data Services - fast paced, agile, innovative and growing. We are at the heart of where the rubber meets the road, technology design, product delivery, data and client relationships. Our vast selection of data covering all asset classes, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling means our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
What's the role?
You'll be the primary technical interface into Bloomberg for some of our largest clients, the trusted advisor they turn to when making major technology and data sourcing decisions. You'll form deep, lasting partnerships at multiple levels, and serve as the advocate for your customer within Bloomberg as well as the advocate for Bloomberg with your customer.
As a member of the Technical Account Management (TAM) team you will collaborate with your colleagues within our Enterprise Data and Enterprise Services divisions. You'll enable our customers to gain maximum benefit from their partnership with Bloomberg by creating joint strategy sessions on the evolution of their technology and how our products and services become integral to their journey. Through listening to our client’s needs and investing heavily in our products and people, we have arrived at a genuinely exciting point in the evolution of our delivery and content offerings. Driving organizational & technology change across both client and internal environments needs to be a core part of your wheelhouse. You need to enjoy planning, strategy and co-design with your clients. Ideally you would have honed these skills in pre-sales, management consulting or professional services. Your skills will be vital in getting clients comfortable with our offerings, working closely with Sales to achieve this. Your strong understanding of our clients and their use of our products will also assist you in providing input to our product management teams in the future of our product design.
We'll trust you to:
Handle pre-sales duties by:
- Partnering with the account team (Sales and Product Specialists) to identify and provide technical qualification of sales opportunities
- Understanding client technical strategy and roadmap, matching Bloomberg solutions against those requirements
- Providing design and analysis on proposed requirements for implementing and supporting new products based upon a thorough analysis of client feedback
Project management needs to be second nature:
- Forming a comprehensive and achievable plan in collaboration with our clients for integration into target applications across multiple regions
- Leading the engagement, leveraging the necessary internal resources to ensure a successful delivery of the agreed solution
Manage assigned accounts effectively by:
- Developing account plans with clear goals against which you will execute
- Building and maintaining a strategic relationship with your client base with frequent interactions to insure you have a strong pulse on client’s technical activities and future plans
- Providing technical subject matter expertise across the Enterprise Data Technology product portfolio
- Ensuring a consistent, cohesive and comprehensive level of service delivery into your accounts including but not limited to leading steering committee and regular service review meetings
- Forging deep relationships across the client's technology teams within both the vertical IT and business silos (Equities, FICC etc.) and horizontal functions (CTO, Architecture, Infrastructure, Sourcing etc.)
- Attaining a deep and extensive understanding of your client's architecture, infrastructure and application environment
You’ll need to have:
- Experience in the financial services sector
- A passion for data delivery, content analysis and as much attention to detail as the ability to look at the bigger picture
- Knowledge of financial market data products, delivery services, APIs and protocol technologies
- Experience working in a consultative sales or strategic account management role where you have been a part of or led client engagement
- Pre-sales experience and commercial awareness
- Demonstrable experience in leading a technology engagement or in taking a technical product to market
- Curiosity with a track record of challenging yourself in roles, technology and learning
- An ability to express your career diversity and passion for success
- An ability to build senior relationships and leverage those relationships to expand footprint
- Awareness of trading applications and systems
- The ability to travel
What’s it like to work here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. But it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives from helping local school kids with their reading to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
What is Bloomberg?: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/stories/what-is-bloomberg/
View our Benefits: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/employee-benefits/united-states/?tactic-page=588601
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 150,000 - 200,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus